Lightforce LED 215

Patrollife

Explorer
why not the hella 4000 led? or the ARB led?

The Hella 4000 LEDs didn't get great reviews in Overland Journal. My first preference is the ARB LED Intensity but I have an AG/FJ and the red rim of the ARBs just didn't jive with the look I'm going for. I'm afraid it will look too much like Christmas. And the LightForce was the most comparable to the ARB.

paranoid56

Adventurer
a little paint will fix the arb issue. i have done that in the past with the red ring hella 4000 HIDs. makes them less likely to get stolen.

Patrollife

Explorer
I was thinking that but when I asked ARB if they offer the light in any other color, this is the answer I got...

"Unfortunately we do not sell our lights in any other color then red at this time. We do not suggest taking them apart either to paint them as that does break the factory seal."

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Please expand on this...
If you want lights that work, let you drive safely, see where you're going, get real lights designed for automotive use. If you want unfocussed overkill bling lights with lots and lots of marketing hyperbole, get whatever is hip in the 4x4 magazines.
Most of the in-your-face lights that are popular in the offroading culture aren't very effective for enhancing visual acuity.

Spend some time on this forum: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?87-Automotive-Motorcycles-Included

Patrollife

Explorer
If you want lights that work, let you drive safely, see where you're going, get real lights designed for automotive use. If you want unfocussed overkill bling lights with lots and lots of marketing hyperbole, get whatever is hip in the 4x4 magazines.
Most of the in-your-face lights that are popular in the offroading culture aren't very effective for enhancing visual acuity.

Spend some time on this forum: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?87-Automotive-Motorcycles-Included

What would you recommend as an alternative to the ARB, Hella, Lightforce?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
What would you recommend as an alternative to the ARB, Hella, Lightforce?
Lightforce has two things going for it; light weight and tough construction. I've never seen one with a decent spread of light ---- plus the company engages in outrageous/false claims in their advertising. They're not regarded well in the professional lighting community.

Hella makes many decent lights and some that aren't very good. Most of the Cibies are good ---- I prefer the Hellas since you can source them easier if you smash one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke