Favorite cooler under $100

precision powder

Backwoods Explorer
Pretty self explanatory here. What is your favorite cooler under $100. I need something new but I cannot justify spending the money on a fridge or a yeti. Something that can do for 2-3 days is plenty. I really do not take that much food that needs to be in a cooler anyway.

luk4mud

Explorer
Coleman Xtreme 5 day is very good for the $.

We have a buddy who brings one on multi day trips and it is not that far off the Yetis.

Csm Davis

Igloo marine cooler with the stainless hinges and latches you can get the cooler with the plastic stuff and change them out or they sell one with all the upgrades on it my 120 qt keeps ice for 5-6 days in the Mississippi heat on the back of my black work truck no shade.

surfwagoneer

Coleman Extreme

Tested out the coleman extreme on my last camping trip. Still had some ice left after 5 days. One of the guys that came with us kept on leaving the lid open but its stayed nice and cold. I did drill holes in the lid and fill it with spray foam but not sure that it really added to much since I never tested it with out. Def best bang for your buck and well underneath your budget.

precision powder

Backwoods Explorer
Igloo marine cooler with the stainless hinges and latches you can get the cooler with the plastic stuff and change them out or they sell one with all the upgrades on it my 120 qt keeps ice for 5-6 days in the Mississippi heat on the back of my black work truck no shade.

Tested out the coleman extreme on my last camping trip. Still had some ice left after 5 days. One of the guys that came with us kept on leaving the lid open but its stayed nice and cold. I did drill holes in the lid and fill it with spray foam but not sure that it really added to much since I never tested it with out. Def best bang for your buck and well underneath your budget.

How big are each of these? At the most I would never pack food for more than 2 people. Average of 2-3 days maybe 5 once a year. If I go too big I will kill its efficiency.

Csm Davis

Think I will stick to the 65 qt or under size from now on. For what it's worth I think my next cooler will be a 65 qt pelican it has a lifetime warranty and I have looked at all I can get and looks to me to be my favorite.

skates04

Adventurer
Coleman xtereme here works great I have tested it for up to 4 days And still lots of ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

precision powder

Backwoods Explorer
Coleman Xtreme. $36 and free shipping on Amazon Prime. Also a good size for a 3 day weekend truck trip.
Coleman 36-Quart Xtreme Cooler (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G68I84/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_sEL9tb1Z5ZBFP

Perfect, answered all my questions here thanks

If you're spending more than $100 you might as we'll get a Dometic (Waeco) coolfreeze 12v fridge for $400-600

I really did not want to spend even more than $50 but was willing to go to $100. I really really do not want to spend $400+

Any trip that would be long enough for me to need something like that would actually be during hunting season (likely bird or rabbit season) and I would be cooking what I get each day and smoke what I did plan to eat with the addition of fish. I know it is an old life style but I enjoy using the land to my advantage and living off it when possible.

762X39

Explorer
I have been a Coleman guy all my life. I bought 2 6 day extremes on sale about 5 years ago for less than $40 each. I can bring home a deer in one of them (and sometimes do).
Deer Hunt 2009 024.jpg
I feel they are good value for my money and I like the brand. YMMV.:coffee:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne