RIP Big Blue

If you're still in Royal Oak I could take a quick look at it if you're interested.

Just pull all the spark plugs out and try cranking over the engine. If you have water in the cylinders this will pump it out.

Drain the oil & trans fluid then refill. Repeat this for the trans a few times. In all honesty this engine is simple as dirt, not difficult or costly to fix.

I've seen swamped engines come back to live following the same steps. Of course if you bent some internals you're screwed and will need a new motor.

You're in Detroit, 302's and C4/C6's are a dime a dozen. You could swap this engine out in a weekend with basic hand tools.

If you plan to scrap it, let me know.

Taylorvon

I was an auto adjuster at one time.
If you are not getting the value that you feel is fair, tell the adjuster you would like to move through the appraisal clause of the policy. This clause allows you to get an independent appraisal of your vehicle value. The insurance co will then pay for another appraisal company to act as an umpire. You should be able to get a reasonable price on an appraisal ... $3-400.
Choose your appraisal co wisely and ensure they can find good comparibles. A good place to look for comps is searchtempest.com as you can search Craigslist by miles from one location rather than city by city.
I have a 1991 Sportsmobile and when ever I find a comp searching around on the net, I print to PDF so that I have some comps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles