2009 Jayco Jay Feather into a 2014 Continental Cargo 8.5 x 20 Cargo Trailer

RagnarD

Adventurer
Amazing build. You have guts for attempting and the skill to follow it through.

I probably would have insured it, slapped a bunch of 100 club stickers on it, then parked it outside a liquor store in Ferguson MO.

You will have a once of a kind RV when done.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Nice work and awesome way to turn it around! It's your trailer, don't worry about what others think, it has to make you happy. No doubt it will last you along time with quality work like that.

509bercler

Observer
Okay, someone has to say it ... that bathroom counter top is worth every penny you put into it.:wings:

Seriously, way cool build. Having done the travel trailer thing for a while and seeing just how flimsy and rough they can be, I'm sure you now have a much nicer and well-built trailer than you would have if the original purchase hadn't pushed you down this path. How hard was it to get the rear slide installed? Again, nice work.
fortel,
The counter top is worth every penny (unfortunately thats only $15), but well worth it. Getting the slide installed was fairly easy (but a major stress), luckily all my measurements were correct and the added bracing I added seems to hold it just fine. I had 4 friends come over to help move it back in, screwed it into the back wall, bolted it to the frame, hooked up some wiring and held our breath for the first test.

fast_suv

Adventurer
Very Awesome build! if you ever needed to, i'd bet you could sell a custom camper or two... great prep and execution.. wish i had all those skills

monele

Adventurer
Wow! Nice work!! As well, you now have one of the toughest and best built RV trailers out there. This will last solo much longer than most of those crappy tin cans on the road. It can't have been the cheap way to go, but with all that insulation, and the far better exterior structure I think it is actually worth the investment. If you bought all of this RV components new to fit into the trailer the cost would have been much higher. Well done!

509bercler

Observer
A few more "finishing" pics. Luckily my wife is like me and likes to think outside the box on how to create new things from industrial parts.

Vertical kitchen rack for paper towels, coffee cups, measuring cups, and whatever else we need hung.

Industrial towel rack

1/2" Copper pipe towel rack and TP holder

highdesertranger

Adventurer
very cool and nice work. on the spray on insulation did you do it yourself? what brand? i have got to ask you went through all the trouble and created a nice looking trailer, why did you use osb? highdesertranger

509bercler

Observer
very cool and nice work. on the spray on insulation did you do it yourself? what brand? i have got to ask you went through all the trouble and created a nice looking trailer, why did you use osb? highdesertranger

I had a local company do the spray in, no idea on brand other than closed cell. On the OSB, I like the way it looks, that simple. I understand its not the best, especially around moisture, but I only used it on my kitchen area and did the best I could to paint every side with a high quality paint and on the counter top I used about 10-15 coats of poly on the top and about 2-3 on the bottom. I'm not sure if it shows in the pictures, but in person it has a neat texture to it. Hopefully that decision wont come back to haunt me.

Phoenix

Adventurer
This is by far the most impressive build I have seen to date.

This sort of trailer isn't for me, but turning this situation around like you have is probably why I feel this way.

You win the perseverance award.

509bercler

Observer
Got the drop down dinette table done today, which was the last thing that needed built, now to finish the rest before labor day weekend!

Septu

Explorer
This is by far the most impressive build I have seen to date.

This sort of trailer isn't for me, but turning this situation around like you have is probably why I feel this way.

You win the perseverance award.

Need to echo these thoughts. I've seen a ton of amazing builds on here. Some (like this) are not quite my personal style... But I think this definitely is among the best I've seen. Kudo's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94