2009 Jayco Jay Feather into a 2014 Continental Cargo 8.5 x 20 Cargo Trailer

509bercler

Observer
Got the grey water tank in today and some more finishing stuff. I will get some under chassis pics soon for placement of tanks/propane/etc. Again, thanks for the kind words, I understand its not for everyone, but it will definitely be our camper.

Septu

Explorer
IMG_0210.jpg

New Design Plans

I remember seeing this shot... and going ******... how is there bunks in front. Then realized it's the other size lol. What happens with the door now? The only space would be what's under the bottom bunk...

Question for you. What size is the front bunk (width)? It doesn't look like a ton of room up there...

Also... were both trailers the same size? Or was the new one bigger?

Last edited:

509bercler

Observer
I remember seeing this shot... and going ******... how is there bunks in front. Then realized it's the other size lol. What happens with the door now? The only space would be what's under the bottom bunk...

Question for you. What size is the front bunk (width)? It doesn't look like a ton of room up there...

Also... were both trailers the same size? Or was the new one bigger?

Bunk size is 39"x74", actually a good amount of space up there for our kids to be comfortable for years to come. The side door allows access to under the bottom bunk and the bottom bunk will also flip up if we were looking to haul bikes or taller items. Both trailers were about the same size, but very different shapes.

509bercler

Observer
A few under chassis pics/ roof pics/ under dinette.

fresh water tank and supports

Propane lines with rubber hose to protect them from road debris

Hard line propane

electrical harness

Grey tank and supports

Outdoor shower

Jayco debadged slide out

AC unit and fridge vent

Fantastic fan Max Air vent cover

Under dinette hot water tank access and storage

Under dinette water pump access and storage

wanabxtrm

Observer
...it appears we frequent the same sites. Saw you on tntt.

Do you have plans for the table/dinette area or was it a salvage from the jayco? I've been thinking of ways to build the drop down from scratch but would rather shamelessly steal a good idea/plan if you have one.

509bercler

Observer
...it appears we frequent the same sites. Saw you on tntt.

Do you have plans for the table/dinette area or was it a salvage from the jayco? I've been thinking of ways to build the drop down from scratch but would rather shamelessly steal a good idea/plan if you have one.

I ended up making my own to match my benches. I have 2 different 2x2's on the wall that have a notch for 2 L-brackets which are mounted on the table itself. When the table is used as a table it has a leg that is held in with 2 bolts, once the bolts are removed the table will drop to the appropriate height for use as a bed.

wanabxtrm

Observer
Makes sense. Thats a nice simple design on the notched support. Re the center leg. It looks like the middle 1X2? support is the length of the table at sitting height. I'm guessing you remove/fold that out of the way when you pull the bolts and the other two remaining supports sit flush on the the floor? Did you permenatly mount the floor section or does it fold out/move with the center support. Any wobble issues? I'd think a tight fit on the wall side would prevent it, but thought I'd ask.

In any case thanks of the photo's and quick explanation. Its given me a few ideas

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
awesome!!

great build,my wife and i recently moved to spokane area and im in the process of building a lightweight truck camper, maybe i'll see you and your trailer out and about some time! keep rockin the osb man, i dont know why people still love plywood, if you leave a sheet of each out in the weather for a month the plywood will turn to **** WAY faster. love the skull wallpaper and im gonna have to find out where you got that bottle opener!

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
this is the most ridiculous......................................

LY AWESOME trailer build I have EVER seen!!!! If I could clone it, but with a rear door to keep it as a toy hauler I'd love it! Your touches are fantastic too. Great job

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online