No buck XJ build

65BAJA

Da Nu Guy
That would be true but the toplock nut that comes with the 1600 is not gr8 hence the lower rating. Also the material the mis alignment spacers are made out of is not all that hard.

Edit. my chart says 240 for 5/8"-18 dry(no lube).

Last edited:

65BAJA

Da Nu Guy
@ yosarian19

You are correct, the instuctions for the RE1600 5/8 bolt are wrong. I have called them to let them know they have an issue. They assure me that they are working on getting the update in the new instructions. Yes the torque on a 5/8 bolt should be well above 115ft-lbs, depending on grade and thread pitch. I just have never been a fan of the single sheer or working the hiem on that angle. Better to pivot on the bolt axis. 1660 is a better way to go even though you have to get the 1665 to go with it.

That particular "error" has been in the instructions for literally years. It gets fixed and the instructions get updated then some IT guy pulls an old copy from an outdated file and the cycle starts all over again. It became a bad joke while working there.

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
ruff stuff specialties stiffners ordered. Should be here soon. New RE extended braided brake line ordered as well. Lets hope they show before the weekend. Going to try and get it ready for Goat Fest in Jhonson Valley. Still no armor so claw hammer is out. Should be able to at least run the tourist trail.

mudbutt

Explorer
ruff stuff specialties stiffners ordered. Should be here soon. New RE extended braided brake line ordered as well. Lets hope they show before the weekend. Going to try and get it ready for Goat Fest in Jhonson Valley. Still no armor so claw hammer is out. Should be able to at least run the tourist trail.

Apparently we're neighbors... Let me know if you need a hand installing your new gear, I'd be happy to help.

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
nice, i missed goat fest last year because we were expecting a bundle of joy. shes here now so im headed out. Probably lead the bunny run again. Not quite armored up to follow the med build group.

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
@ mudbutt

I havent been on Naxja in a while. Too much drama on that site. I can pick up some flares, I should be hanging out near Cal and Carol.

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
Wow, what a weekend. I didnt get the brake lines on or the armor so i didnt get my rocker pannels near the rocks but, I will say that damn, for an in expensive kit i was hammering it down boons road and the ride was smooth but in control. It took foot + deep woops like it was cruising the mall. That being said i was fortunate to meet up with my old friend Cal and ride in his race prepped XJ, so let me see, risk my daily driver or ride in a race buggy? Well you can see what i picked. IMG_2244.jpgcal getting passed.jpg Plus i got a crazy ride in the prototype JK with coil overs from rubicon. IMG_2241.jpg I know its a bit off the topic of the thread but it was a hoot.

Last edited:

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
sorry guys, got a little side tracked. Put on some new wheels and tires this weekend. Used my air soft pellet trick to balance them. I will post more about that and pics real soon.

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
sorry guys, got a little side tracked. Put on some new wheels and tires this weekend. Used my air soft pellet trick to balance them. I will post more about that and pics real soon.

I use dyna beads in the rear of my motorcycle (it's a michelin run flat car tire) and they work great. Only 3 ounces in a 195/55R16 tire. I might try to use airsoft pellets next time, as it has to be cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior