Frontrunner slimline ll on Tacoma ARE zseries

GS1150

Observer
Finally got the rack put together and installed. It's much more difficult without help, not recommended. I went with the Tall version so that I can later add the table, items on the sides, and a single row led bar on the back to help backing in the dark. The most difficult part was aligning the tracks because the top of the shell is curved and the tracks are flat. I used lots of blue painters tape to assist aligning, measurements, and protection from chips and scratches.
image.jpg

steve103

Observer
i have the same rack. love it. made my own table out of a sheet of 3/4 ply and 1" chanel. works so well.i like that i can stand on the top of the rack to load and tie down. mine did come with 3 mounts on each side though.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Nice, that's the same rack I'm looking at for my new build. Congrats on getting it all together and on the truck.

Cheers

Dave

GS1150

Observer
i have the same rack. love it. made my own table out of a sheet of 3/4 ply and 1" chanel. works so well.i like that i can stand on the top of the rack to load and tie down. mine did come with 3 mounts on each side though.
It came with only four mounts and some adapters (approx 3x10in sheet metal) that mount to the bottom of two tracks, then the foot on the bottom attaching to the track which splits the weight between two crossmembers. It narrowed the feet and I preferred them farther apart so I didn't use them. Maybe later if I add an RTT I may go back and put them on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles