87 d21

98dango

Expedition Leader
Along with all my other projects and with my wife's Tahoe back on the road. I can get back to this.

This started its life in the family as a $200 parts truck for a wrecked 97 Nissan. After sitting in the yard for 3 years my father in law asked if I would swap the good parts and I could have the rest. So an hour later she was at my house to loose the box bumper and a few other little things. Appon inspection of what was left I found the motor to be trash.

So out with the old and on with the fun. I have a super duty that dose 90% of our exploring needs. This will be support rig and use parts I have laying about the yard from projects that got sold changed what have you.

The plan is simple seat 4 ish cost very little to build and be able to flat tow behind my big truck.

Hear is how she sits right now

Sas Toyota front axle Nissan leafs slid box mount
Nissan rear s10 leafs double shackles
38 12.5 15 tsl super swampers

To be installed
1994 GM 4.3 v6 tbi
GM sm465 4 speed
GM np205 twin stick

98dango

Expedition Leader
now for the fun i have missed my old 4runner since the day i destroyed the body. So the best i can do is try to bring it back. thats right i cut the cab out and made a pass threw. now this mod is not finished as i still need to pull the bed to mount the fuel tank run lins ect.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I don't know I just look at it as many small projects. If I look at it as one big project I would never start. This started as swapping a 4.3 in a 2wd truck can we say Drift.

Then my wife mentioned I have no wheeler/crawler any more. So then it was well I have parts off this and that. We have a big trip planned for next year and the ability to use this as a trailer that can trail was appealing to me. It also made my father in law very happy to see parts leaving his back yard.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Wow, that's cool... So if I'm understanding your build idea, you;re gonna try to replicate a 1st Gen 4Runner like rig from that with the removal of the back-cab??? Very cool and a very good "model" to emulate aye.

Love seeing these old trucks get some love. I still see Hardbody's/D21's all over the road, esp. the 2wd ones and they're always being used... Too bad the words "compact pickup" no longer have the same meaning as they once did. I can imagine that's a fun little truck out in the dirt aye. Nice job.

Cheers

Dave

98dango

Expedition Leader
Yes In a way building my old 1984 4runner. I loved that truck but was young and beat it daily. I had this and let's face it free was a good price.

It will get a cj stlye seat in the back and yes its getting plenty of cage work to save lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier