How Does This Cruiser Look?

JeffreyVB

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Starting to look at trading my '06 4Runner for a larger 100 Series Cruiser. Saw this one locally and wanted to get some expert opinions on it.

http://www.maguireandsons.com/2000-Toyota-LandCruiser/Used-SUV/VirginiaBeach-VA/4689564/Details.aspx

How does the mileage look? Decent price? Condition looks good. Carfax says its a one owner. Carfax does report body damage on the left rear. Carfax also reports the following:

-Antenna Replaced at 61K
-Timing Belt Replaced (no mention of water pump replacement) at 90-100K
-Ignition Coils replaced at 117K
-Oxygen Sensor replaced at 121K
-Started replaced at 121K
-Alternator replaced at 139K
-Spark Plugs replaced at 144K

-I see several "Battery/Charging System Checked" entries....normal?
-I see several "Radio Sound System Checked" entries as well...normal?

All of the Carfax services listed were performed at local dealers. Anyone see any red flags?????

Thanks in advance for any help, input and advice.

libarata

Expedition Leader
155k miles for a 2000 is not horrible. I am not seeing the body damage though. Do you know how to check to see if a frame is bent, and for overspray from repairs? For something that was/is damaged, I would question the price... Seems like they are aiming at Sailors new to the game.

FYI, I shot you an invite to the VA expo group.

JeffreyVB

Joined.

Took a look at it today. Didn't get to drive it. Roof rack rails are peeling badly. Some clear coat/paint issues on the top of the drivers door. Driver sear faded and cracking, not ripped yet. Some dash fading. Not sure how I feel about all that, I know its cosmetic, but would still drive me nuts. May try to drive it this weekend.

libarata

Expedition Leader
Just make sure the body lines all match up. You can usually look at where the hood rests and see if the hood is crooked or whatnot.

fireball

Explorer
That price is a little high for the mileage and condition IMO. Check out the classified section of Ih8mud, some good examples of the earlier model 100s can be found on there. I'm just north of you and bought my truck from CA last year, was worth it (and a super fun trip to boot!) to find something truly rust free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior