4.3 swap help

98dango

Expedition Leader
OK I'm about over wiring

I got my Tahoe fixed and thought I'm on a roll let's get the motor ready to swap.

Well this morning I finished pulling the harness from my 1994 GMC sonoma . I spent half the day pulling it apart to get AC and other not needed items out. I get all done figure let's hook this all back up in the old truck make sure it all works. Well I have no fuel pump relay and no main plug for the distributor. I also can not find the ESC box or any wiring for it. I check in my pile of cut off and not there. All I can find on line is for the small 2 plug computer. This is the big 3 flat and one small squair computer that mounts on the passenger fender.

Any help ideas are much appreciate.

82fb

Adventurer
Not much help from afar, but I feel your pain. I swapped a 98 4.3 into an 82 Toyota back in 2003. The bad news was I wished I had just gone with a 350 when I was done.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Ah the 4.3 will be plenty in this package. End result is a Nissan 4.3 sm465 205 lo Max gears 4:88 ring and pinion toy axles. Oh ya 38s walk threw cab dual winches and towed behind my super duty.

IMG_20140821_165021.jpg

82fb

Adventurer
Don't get me wrong. The 4.3 has plenty of grunt. I had a d44 front, Tacoma rear, 4l60e, dual Toyota cases, tires over the years ranging from 35's to 38's. It ran smooth up to 95 mph, which was as fast as I felt like taking those swampers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles