A Nova Scotia Family Adventure; Monsoon Edition

profdlp

Adventurer
What a great trip, and what a great memory for your family to have for the rest of your lives. Thanks! :elkgrin:

F40

Adventurer
Great write up! NS holds a special place in my heart. Hoping to move there one day. Life at a slower pace :)

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Thanks for all the kind words folks. We are still coming down off the experience and sit around the dinner table wishing we were in some far off place.

Unfortunately, you afford these experiences (and the equipment by which you experience) by participating in the rat race, and the rat race always drags you back. An unfortunate enigma.

SG

rallygabe

Observer
An unfortunate enigma.

SG

I'm right there with ya! Having just come back from CO all I want to do is keep traveling! Sadly the hardware and the bank accounts come knocking.

Loved the writeup and pictures, definitely want to visit the area someday myself.
Can't say I'm a fan of the super tall vans. It yours looks like its ready for busness though! I dig it.

mastersryan

Adventurer
Great write up and photos this was an awesome read. I am planning a similar trip this coming summer to spend 2 weeks in Nova Scotia. We will most likely be flying into Halifax and renting a small camper van and departing from there. I just have to research if it is worth going South or just to start Heading North.

Do you happen to remember the name of the campsite you compared to Meat Cove? That site looks amazing and I wouldn't mind staying there for a night or two.

Thanks

TravelsWithRalph

Adventurer
Great write up Spence. Looks like a great trip. I was up there in Sept and it was cold and windy then. Planning the return as we speak.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Great write up and photos this was an awesome read. I am planning a similar trip this coming summer to spend 2 weeks in Nova Scotia. We will most likely be flying into Halifax and renting a small camper van and departing from there. I just have to research if it is worth going South or just to start Heading North.

Do you happen to remember the name of the campsite you compared to Meat Cove? That site looks amazing and I wouldn't mind staying there for a night or two.

Thanks

http://macleods.com/contact/macleod-s-beach-campsite.html

As mentioned, the entrance to this particular establishment is very much "RV Park", but with smaller rigs they allow beachside camping. It was certainly a beautiful spot and I would go back, as long as I could be on the beach again ;)

SG

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Great write up Spence. Looks like a great trip. I was up there in Sept and it was cold and windy then. Planning the return as we speak.

Thanks Ralph! I'm working on plans for a August Newfoundland trek....that whole area is absolutely amazing.

SG

Rot Box

Explorer
Finally had a chance to catch up on some reports. Wow looks like good times :Wow1: I'd love to explore that side of the country looks like nothing but great scenery from start to finish.

IDI's and fuel.... Oh man I've been there. I carry an extra fuel pump and return lines/caps/o-rings/filter now just in case. I know they're 20+ years old now but they couldn't have made that part of it any dumber lol.

mastersryan

Adventurer
http://macleods.com/contact/macleod-s-beach-campsite.html

As mentioned, the entrance to this particular establishment is very much "RV Park", but with smaller rigs they allow beachside camping. It was certainly a beautiful spot and I would go back, as long as I could be on the beach again ;)

SG

Awesome thanks again!

Sorry to bother you with another question but would you recommend traveling the Cabot Trail counter clockwise? I am just thinking about keeping the coastline on the driving side of the road for pull offs and scenic areas.

Last edited:

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Awesome thanks again!

Sorry to bother you with another question but would you recommend traveling the Cabot Trail counter clockwise? I am just thinking about keeping the coastline on the driving side of the road for pull offs and scenic areas.

The roads weren't congested enough for that to really matter in our case. We did CCW, but only by chance.

SG

mastersryan

Adventurer
Thanks, just how I am trying to put together some sort of plan and it looks like the path will take up up on the Northern side so we would go clockwise but I could always change that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94