Cargo area storage, dual battery, work surface solution

Ryan Matthes

Adventurer and Explorer
As my Jeep is a work in-progress (always), this past weekend I removed the cargo drawer I built last year and set out to solve for a few things that i wanted to have with me and secured. I had built a dual battery / portable power box earlier this summer and instead of strapping it down, I wanted to have it mounted and removable. Also a secured storage drawer and after a trail-side lunch break two weekend's ago, I pull out counter / work surface - all while not having to remove any of the secured cargo that sits on top. This is what i came up with and finished yesterday evening.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 99

Ryan Matthes

Adventurer and Explorer
I haven't completed a "write-up" as of yet, mostly because I forgot to take pictures while building it. My bad. I am working on a detailed write-up of the battery box as that is where the really cool part is (in my opinion) - the Natl. Luna dual solenoid is in there and that is what allows that box to go between my Jeep and Expedition using the hard-wired 50A Anderson plugs I ran to the back of the vehicles (still working on running the Expedition one at this time). The battery box is able to be removed as well, providing stand-a-lone juice like the ArkPak or Natl Luna power pack (but at a fraction of the price). Also has a 400W inverter inside it. The cargo box itself is just an exercise of wood working and planning.

Thanks for the compliment

ndrenfro

Looks great Ryan! You still planning on coming to Expo East? Would like to see this work you've done here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Matthes

Adventurer and Explorer
Trying to get there, but it is looking a little more and more stretch in being able to do so. Would love to catch up, I think that it has only been about 15 years or so. Have you found many good trails / rides / trips in the A'ville area? I did a Jeep Jamboree in Tellico before it was shut down - great spot, too bad.

It looks great dear.. You made a nice work here and it would really give you a nice deals to have in .
I am anxious to know that how much time it will take to build up a new set up in my car.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior