SOLD, SOLD, SOLD - 2010 Conqueror Commander - Only One in the US (PRICE DROP)

zimm

Expedition Leader
Zimm: thanks for the comments. I know you know the rarity and appreciate the fact that this trailer is a unicorn in the US.

sail78385: This trailer would retail in Rand to US dollar conversion for around $52,000.00. That is before shipping, taxes, duties, import fees, and the time spent to get it registered and titled in the US.
If it is the Australian version it would retail for around $60,000.00 before all of the other hoops to jump.

This trailer isn't about the amenities, rather about the capabilities, and the completely rot free design (no wood, or non-galvi chassis to worry about).

D

makes me wish i hadnt sold my mint 110nas. i could have hitched it up, looked out my office window, and been as turned on as Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
makes me wish i hadnt sold my mint 110nas. i could have hitched it up, looked out my office window, and been as turned on as Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron.

Schwarzenegger was not turn on by pumping iron, he was turn on by his body.:wings::victory:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
In case you think the price is high, please research the cost to import one (if it is even possible or without risk).

And just for grins, price a new airstream bambi. That will make your eyeballs pop out! Heck even your standard pressboard pop ups start around $22K.

:Wow1:

D

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Having owned and regrettably having sold a Conqueror Basecamp, I can appreciate Dendy's love of his prized Commander.

At the risk of starting a flaming war, I have to ask the following -

In today's world, when someone has that kind of discretionary spending money, are they purchasing used or new? I get that this is the "only one'" in the US, etc. That makes it all the harder to calculate a fair depreciation of it. My 2011 Audi auto was over $60K when I purchased it new and is a customized well-taken care of car. I don't believe I could get $45K for it now and it has only 10K on odometer...

If you have a unicorn, it may be unique but if no one else is in to unicorns it's a hard sell. Maybe this sells at a lower price point. Value is in the eye of the beholder. We are all beholden to the Commander but apparently not on the north side of 40G's...

Just my two cents. I hope it sells for a price that seller and buyer are thrilled with.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The price is based on a recent evaluation of what it would cost "if you could" import one and then taking a very fair depreciation. If this were in South Africa, these are readily available. On their version of Craigslist, you could pick up a 2010 Commander for around $32K US, but that is in South Africa where these are common.
I posted what I posted because I have gotten tons of e-mails from folks wanting the buy the trailer but then offering me either 1) my price but want me to carry a note or 2)Sell it for $20K - not gonna happen- I'll keep it for that.

So perhaps if I make this a "Serious inquiries only please" ... then I might get someone seriously interested in owning an "off-road unicorn"!

Thanks
D

Last edited:

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Brother I can tell you if I had it I buy it. But all I got is beer money and that champagne. Lol it is one awesome trailer. Does it come the bowls and all that stuff too?

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Having owned and regrettably having sold a Conqueror Basecamp, I can appreciate Dendy's love of his prized Commander.

At the risk of starting a flaming war, I have to ask the following -

In today's world, when someone has that kind of discretionary spending money, are they purchasing used or new? I get that this is the "only one'" in the US, etc. That makes it all the harder to calculate a fair depreciation of it. My 2011 Audi auto was over $60K when I purchased it new and is a customized well-taken care of car. I don't believe I could get $45K for it now and it has only 10K on odometer...

If you have a unicorn, it may be unique but if no one else is in to unicorns it's a hard sell. Maybe this sells at a lower price point. Value is in the eye of the beholder. We are all beholden to the Commander but apparently not on the north side of 40G's...

Just my two cents. I hope it sells for a price that seller and buyer are thrilled with.

T.N.
I know you miss that base camp! I would as well.

See my post above. I guess the point of my rant was that I am open to offers, but please stop with the "half the asking price" attempts. The argument of trailer versus truck will never end, but the plus side in my estimation on this trailer is that it will get you to a very remote destination over some questionable terrain, allow you to set up a base camp, and then be free to explore with your truck. You can get to those same destinations with a truck and roof top tent or an Earthroamer, but you must break camp to go exploring. You can't get to these types of places with an Airstream. It is truly a fantastic compromise between the two.
Ironically, I have had some serious interest from a couple of people in Europe. These seem to be equally difficult to get into those countries as well.
Anyway, it is hard enough to have to sell as I know the chances of owning another are slim to none. Hopefully, it will find an owner who will enjoy her, take care of her, and see many years of unique places with her.

Thanks
D

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
D -

Yes, I do miss the basecamp. Sold it too soon. . . (long story, went to a good home in MO if I recall correctly -too many mind-altering drugs at the time; I just recall this big, burly guy (may of had a beard at the time), coming in to my bedroom, handing me a wade of bills and saying "Thanks" in an accented voice (English?, Australian? Can't be too sure, those drugs had me hallucinating A LOT! This would of been a dream except when I finally got around in the wheelchair months later the beloved basecamp was no more.)

Anyway, you may not recall it but you hooked me up on the Manchester propane tanks and some spare wheel bearings at the time (2008) for the basecamp. My post (yesterday) wasn't meant to insult you and I can't imagine how many low-ball offers that have been made :violent-smiley-031:. It was more about the idea of people recognizing that if one wants a "unicorn" they better be willing to ante' up. What's the saying about if you have to ask how much, you likely can't afford it? I think the same holds true here with the Commander. It's an awesome unit, frankly over-built for 90% of the camping most do in this country. Not to say it truly fantastic mind you. Of the 10% who could sincerely benefit from it's design capabilities I would estimate that it's only a smaller percentage yet again of who could afford your trailer. I'm sure you realize this. So the rest of [us] see it, dream it, kick a tire or two, ask how much, and mosey down the trail continuing to wish. As it's "wish-season", perhaps some laddy has a benevolent lassie who will make some dreams come true soon.

Patience, for the right buyer will be at your doorstep soon enough with cash in hand. You'll both walk away with grins on your face. :luxhello:

Last edited:

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Yeah you could used the dinette configured as a bed. A least I think you could .

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz