Bear Grylls is new LR global ambassador

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Even if his Gerber branded stuff is cheesy, his accomplishments are still impressive, and it's a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Mako1114

Adventurer
Personally I think LR should have gone with Chuck Norris...j/k...Baer seems to be the logical choice with an impressive resume.

Cheers

zelatore

Explorer
OK, so Kayne West is a rapper and Kim Kardashian is a .... er, not sure .... reality tv star. Got it. I'm not real up on my pop culture. Maybe if I get me one of them fancy twitter accounts. Or start instagraming. then I can be one of the cool kids too.

Wait - better idea. How about I don't. :)

But this does make BG look downright appealing.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
My guess is it'll be some new hybrid fuel system that runs off of the receipts for "Bear Grylis branded products" fed into the dash through a special receptacle shaped like BG's own face saying "Xtreme Survival!!!"...

As much as I could sit here all day dishing out jokes/good nature'd ribbing about "honest product performance/quality", or any number of jokes that spring to mind given the nature of this joining... instead I just feel SAD for Land Rover. I wouldn't wish "Bear" and his special form of narcissistic self promotion and overly exuberant, quickly determined, bad-decision making skills on anything (although a Hummer 2 might have made some sense) let alone a historical, iconic brand like Land Rover.

What's next, the "Honey Boo Boo Edt." Landcruiser??? Or the "Kim Kardashian Edt." Glandewagen???

optimusprime

Proffessional daydreamer.
My guess is it'll be some new hybrid fuel system that runs off of the receipts for "Bear Grylis branded products" fed into the dash through a special receptacle shaped like BG's own face saying "Xtreme Survival!!!"...

As much as I could sit here all day dishing out jokes/good nature'd ribbing about "honest product performance/quality", or any number of jokes that spring to mind given the nature of this joining... instead I just feel SAD for Land Rover. I wouldn't wish "Bear" and his special form of narcissistic self promotion and overly exuberant, quickly determined, bad-decision making skills on anything (although a Hummer 2 might have made some sense) let alone a historical, iconic brand like Land Rover.

What's next, the "Honey Boo Boo Edt." Landcruiser??? Or the "Kim Kardashian Edt." Glandewagen???

You're going to have to explain Honey boo boo methinks to Zelatore....

optimusprime

Proffessional daydreamer.
Unfortunately I have two teenage daughters ( 14 and 17) so I am bombarded with such rubbish on a weekly basis .......

Viggen

Just here...
Man.. What a bunch a snarky little bitches...saucer of milk to go with the catty comments for anyone..??

Seriously. Everyone here bitching could not do half of what he has done. Sure, he has his own line of stuff (made by Craghoppers and Gerber which make good stuff) but the people complaining are ridiculous.

Aspire

Observer
I don't get it, why people here would even care who is the "ambassador". The cars will stand or fall on their own merits, just like arguments. It doesn't matter to me if a spice girl "designed" a car, or if some self-promoting dickwad promotes the car. If I want one, I get one (funds permitting), and if I don't, I won't. No amount of celebrity endorsement will sway me towards a product - quite the opposite in fact.

roverandom

Adventurer
I think LR should have got Graham Norton. Ostentatious, Ridiculous and totally Gay. That about sums up LR under Tata ownership.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Seriously. Everyone here bitching could not do half of what he has done. Sure, he has his own line of stuff (made by Craghoppers and Gerber which make good stuff) but the people complaining are ridiculous.
Actually I'm betting some of us here, myself included, could do EVERYTHING he's done... Let alone the many tens of thousands or more people with the same level of athleticism and training/skills out there in the world.

Among the numerous comparable things I've done in and with my life I've also beta tested equipment/gear for Gerber through-out the years... the BG branded stuff is junk and what's not utter junk is just re-branded kit they make in some other form (like the Prodigy/LMFII) that's better for not having his name all over it and supporting a dangerous example setting fraud like "bear".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz