Accuride alternative?

94Discovery

Adventurer
Hello Guys i am in the process of building my Box and i need up to 6 pairs of slide and the heavy duty from accuride costs 180$ a pair my drawers will not hold more than 100LBS but i found the locking mechanisim on Accuride ammazing holding everything with no need of extra locking hardware .
i need cheaper alternative 1080$ for slides is out of a the question,need your input from your experiences using slides .
Thank you
Naji M.

Woodsman

Adventurer
I've used the KV heavy duty lock/unlock slides on many drawers. I can buy them for much less than the Accuride and I prefer the mechanism.

94Discovery

Adventurer
I did not find the KV slides in canada bought a pair of 24 inch from amazon no name rated for 100 lb and i do not know they seem ok but add heavy vibration i am afraid they will fail .

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Since you are looking at building from scratch have you thought of using roller bearings.. like the ones used on skateboards?
I have the accurides which are sweet, and I love, but they are also heavy and expensive, as you already know...

If I was to do it again from scratch I would def look into building with roller bearings..

uber

Observer
got my soft close slides at home depot.. $20 for a 24" full extension set, can't complain. they don't have the fancy locks, but the self closing function helps hold them shut just fine for me on heavy trails.

Camelfilter

Explorer
I bought my locking slides through Orr & Orr. Pretty fast shipping if I remember correctly. Check out there non-locking ones as well.

Decided to go with them from opinions I read ona thread I can no longer find. Something along the lines of ..."where did you get you drawer hardware" or somesuch. Very informative at the time. Don't order from drawerslides.com was the general consensus.

94Discovery

Adventurer
I bought my locking slides through Orr & Orr. Pretty fast shipping if I remember correctly. Check out there non-locking ones as well.

Decided to go with them from opinions I read ona thread I can no longer find. Something along the lines of ..."where did you get you drawer hardware" or somesuch. Very informative at the time. Don't order from drawerslides.com was the general consensus.
Nice site and the prices are good

GFA

Adventurer

I'll second Orr and Orr. I would only go with one locking slide per drawer as it will hold just fine and will save you a little bit also.

DO NOT buy from drawerslides.com, you'll get screwed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne