Holy Grail of Jeeps? 2007 4-door Rubicon diesel swap

HighSierra

Observer
Not mine, I wish. I guess the big question is it if can be registered or not. 'Professional conversion' points to yes.

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4612334156.html

Professionally done Diesel conversion. 2.8 Liter Turbo lifted with 35" Toyo tires mounted on AEV wheels. Electronic wheel lockers, axle lock and sway bars. Warn winch mounted on Hanson front bumper. Rear Jeeperman bumper with spare tire carrier and Hi-Jack. In dash GPS, satellite radio AM/FM, CD player with hard drive. 3 piece hard top and soft top. This is a special vehicle inside and out for the right person who wants a Jeep that can do EVERYTHING.

Racingdad

Adventurer
Well the the listed phone number is local and if someone wants to have me look at it, I am more than happy to do so for anyone with serious interest.

Tad

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Price is high

When they were still doing it, diesel toys were charging $20k to just buy the used 2.8 VM engine and trans. You had to pay more to get it installed.

That being said, $37k for this Jeep means you're getting the base 07 JKUR for ~$17k, which is right on the money of what they're worth.

I've asked exactly what engine and trans has been used, I have not got a reply yet.

-Dan

Kelboski

Observer
This was my jeep. I sold it to the current owner a few years ago, and trust me... It's well worth the money. He's a legit guy, and that's a ************ jeep.

Kelbo

kmarshall

This is my custom title
This was my jeep. I sold it to the current owner a few years ago, and trust me... It's well worth the money. He's a legit guy, and that's a ************ jeep.

Kelbo

The current owner said that the conversion was a "Jeep Skunkworks" project. Is it some sort of J8 related project or ? Are you able to shed more light on it? I actually live in the same town as your old Jeep and am a big fan of diesel now that I live in NV. Thanks!

zimm

Expedition Leader
asking price is 13-15g above a similar gasser of that year.

seems a bit steep to me. in 2007 the diesel was about 7-8g option on a big 3 one ton pickup. double the HP and TQ.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
asking price is 13-15g above a similar gasser of that year.

seems a bit steep to me. in 2007 the diesel was about 7-8g option on a big 3 one ton pickup. double the HP and TQ.

I've never heard of someone doing that conversion stateside for less than ~20k.

Hell, Dave H from AEV bought a complete Wrangler diesel in Europe, tore it apart and put the needed stuff into his personal (Brand new) JK here, then junked the Euro one.
Wanna guess how much that cost?

-Dan

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
This is used, not new. It has depreciated a lot, priced a bit high IMO.

Hell, Dave H from AEV bought a complete Wrangler diesel in Europe, tore it apart and put the needed stuff into his personal (Brand new) JK here, then junked the Euro one.

-Dan

LPIII

Observer
The current owner said that the conversion was a "Jeep Skunkworks" project. Is it some sort of J8 related project or ? Are you able to shed more light on it? I actually live in the same town as your old Jeep and am a big fan of diesel now that I live in NV. Thanks!

If it were Skunkworks, it would not be in the hands of the consumer. The SW vehicles are crushed sadly, not sold. J8 currently cannot be sold to civilians in the US and the diesel is not yet certified for the US market.

zimm

Expedition Leader

-Dan

Awesome info. If I decide I care what he spent I'll start a thread. Unfortunately it doesn't address my point. And in fact makes it for me. Spending money on project doesn't make it worth what you spent.

MTSN

Explorer
Awesome info. If I decide I care what he spent I'll start a thread. Unfortunately it doesn't address my point. And in fact makes it for me. Spending money on project doesn't make it worth what you spent.

Won't comment on this thread because if it's worth what the guy's asking he'll get it. In regards to this comment however, I have to mention that my buddy has a 1991 4runner that he has tinkered with for 15 years. He has a LOT of disposable incomed that he has, well, disposed of it into this 4runner. I would say over the years he's put at least $60k in parts into it, probably more, and in the same time put roughly 1,000 miles on it. It's nice, but do you think that it makes worth anywhere near what he has into it? IMO it's probably worth less than $15k, so I would tend to think that regardless of what someone spends to do whatever on their truck, the overall value package offered to the buyer ultimately decides what the selling price should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior