TPS Issues

KarmannMarco

Adventurer
Hi guys.

I've been spending the past couple of months moving from state to state and haven't much opportunity diagnosing the CEL code until now.
I've only had my 96 SR since July and it's been running good as is but I know it should be running better.

The code I've had is P0510 - Throttle position switch.

Current drivability issues:

- Rough/ Low Idle (especially when cold)
- Tranny shifts late when the truck is cold. When the truck is at operating temperature it's very smooth and shifts correctly as it did on my other Gen 2 (I've already done a tranny fluid replacement with Castrol Import Trans fluid as recommended on here)
- Gas mileage a bit worse then it should be (mid teens with gentle driving , high teens on the freeway at 65)

From my research all these issues are tied together and it makes sense the TPS could be the culprit.
I've even seen some threads on other Mitsubishi forums mentioning that the TPS partly controls shift patterns on Diesel Gen 2s and is adjustable. (not sure if this applies to gas models as well)

I've already done a timing belt kit (with all possible seals and pulleys etc....) , NGK plugs and wires , all fluids (except for diffs). This is normal used vehicle maintenance and I didn't expect it to solve the issue somehow but I figured it's worth mentioning.

All that said is there a way I can test my TPS ? Adjust it ? What do you guys suggest I do next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94