new to me gen 1 swb 4d55 swapped

Dolomiti

Adventurer
I am the happy owner of a formerly badged 1988 Dodge Raider bought from a forum member here (sneakyninja). It has a long Arizona history and has recently been 4d55 swapped, along with front and rear axles and diffs and transmission. My son and I flew out last Friday to Phoenix to pick it up and drive it back and planned some dirt/gravel on the way back.

We got to meet Adam as well as swing downtown to meet a few of my BMW friends. Friday night we headed out on 17 north to Camp Verde and spent the night before heading out at a little before 5am. We headed on 260 east and then caught FS 300 east to near Show Low. From there we took 273/249 to Alpine and crossed over to New Mexico and got immersed in Gila National Forest until well after dark. We even got a flat about 30-40 miles from pavement, making the rest of the dirt travel a bit nerve-racking. After about a 2 hour nap in Las Cruces, I continued on to Houston (which was a horrible way to spend a Sunday).

I've got some relatively big plans for it, and it is a great little truck.

15055829611_2b77a538fb_z.jpg

Alpina!
14872154859_ebf370d33d_z.jpg

my son got son wheel time too
15035848726_64a016c732_z.jpg

14871447919_6b0fccbd38_z.jpg

14872190080_e203012e97_z.jpg

15057801262_44f46a0756_z.jpg

15057857922_46c2358dea_z.jpg

15058139905_cee58b115a_z.jpg

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Great pics! Glad you're liking it. Went to a good home. :wavey:

How was that front LSD and did you get a chance to try out the Aussie gears?

Dolomiti

Adventurer
Great pics! Glad you're liking it. Went to a good home. :wavey:

How was that front LSD and did you get a chance to try out the Aussie gears?

I didn't put it in 4wd or lock the rear. Rear end gets excited on gravel. It think its due to the torqueness. Doing 40-45 on loose gravel requires 110% concentration.

Dolomiti

Adventurer
In the last few weeks I have painted the Pajero in the garage, updated the turn signals front and rear, added the turbo wagon decal, and got some 33x10.5.

Now I need to fix the a/c (get the compressor rebuilt) and put in an exhaust and ill think she'll be on her way. Adam did all the hard work already.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jibs

I was going to buy this one but you beat me to it! It was a steal of a deal. I ended up with an 88 raider which is doing me well. Congrats on the rig its good to see what you're doing with it.

Dolomiti

Adventurer
I was going to buy this one but you beat me to it! It was a steal of a deal. I ended up with an 88 raider which is doing me well. Congrats on the rig its good to see what you're doing with it.

Thanks and yep, it's $100 worth of fun for only $20.

Took it out driving today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

DetroitDiesel

Adventurer
Is this Dolomiti from Mye28 and other such places? Wow small world. So this is what you do to change it up. Im looking to get off the beaten path myself. I have an 84 745 I'm getting right this winter but I need to see the great outdoors. I started looking at TLC then started looking at Jeep wj,xj type vehicles. Now someone said I should check out a Montero and first thread I see is you lol. You and the Texas e23 boys do have something else on the plates! Is this just going to be a ******** and giggles truck or something or an expo rig? Looks like some cold war battle wagon just tonka truck everything, and thats a compliment! Hope all is well.

Dolomiti

Adventurer
Is this Dolomiti from Mye28 and other such places? Wow small world. So this is what you do to change it up. Im looking to get off the beaten path myself. I have an 84 745 I'm getting right this winter but I need to see the great outdoors. I started looking at TLC then started looking at Jeep wj,xj type vehicles. Now someone said I should check out a Montero and first thread I see is you lol. You and the Texas e23 boys do have something else on the plates! Is this just going to be a ******** and giggles truck or something or an expo rig? Looks like some cold war battle wagon just tonka truck everything, and thats a compliment! Hope all is well.

It is.

This is a serious truck. I've owned 5 Monteros (2 gen 1 LWB and another Gen 2.5). They are great vehicles, particularly for the money.

I've been a little less bullish on the BMWs as of late (we still have 8 of them), but I've always been pretty big on 4x4s. We recently imported a 110 (which is going to be a dormobile/TAT vehicle) and picked up this little guy.

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier