Time-lapse panning egg timer

Sirocco

Explorer
Anyone using these?

I was looking at the Veho X-Lapse as it is cheap but would only work with my Gopro.

Does anyone use these? or find after 1 or 2 uses they don't use them?

G

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Anyone using these?

I was looking at the Veho X-Lapse as it is cheap but would only work with my Gopro.

Does anyone use these? or find after 1 or 2 uses they don't use them?

G

Neat idea, but why would it only work w/ GoPro? Detailed info says it has 1/4-20 male and female, so it'd mount on a tripod and into any standard tripod mount. Only concern I would have is something with a lot of glass might be heavy on one end, but for the price it'd be fun to experiment with.

jhill15

Explorer
I have never used one or even heard of them until now. But from the info that I just gathered from their website and youtube it should work with any camera and most all cameras even powershots have a universal 1/4 camera mount.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Another option, if you're using a Canon camera and are into DIY and hacking some stuff: There's a combo of mods to use with the CHDK software "hack" that will let you use the autofocus lamp to control a servo. The kite-photography guys are using it to get panoramic shots, etc. on servo-mounted gimbals without having to include a radio controller/receiver. You could easily use the same system to drive a panning rig for time lapse. The upside of this is that it'd be pretty cheap and very flexible...

http://arch.ced.berkeley.edu/kap/discuss/index.php?p=/discussion/2599/new-product-clickpan-sdm/p1

Sirocco

Explorer
Yer sorry, I should have been more clear!

I only have a gopro or my D90 DLSR. These are too heavy for the X lapse but any lighter camera would work if you have an intervalometer available.

Screw onto a tripod to make it more versatile and you could even tilt this to panoramic for panning up or down.

Just not sure I would use one much that was all.

G

robgendreau

Explorer
I have one of those and used it with a Canon P&S. Works great, if a bit inflexible. Don't use it much, though, but I should really try harder. Guess I'm too much into instant gratification, and sometimes after 30 minutes of time lapse or whatever only to find the battery died I get frustrated....
Anyway, the CHDK hacks are great. That's what I used to make a used $15 P&S into a great time lapser with countdown intervalometer (and motion detect and RAW, BTW). Cheap enough that it's worth it for just messing around. Comes with a little holder for a smartphone as well.

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94