Tundra TRD Pro series pricing announced

haven

Expedition Leader
http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota+2015+trd+pro+series+tundra+pricing.htm

Toyota has announced the pricing for the 2015 Tundra TRD Pro trucks.

The Double Cab model will start at $41,285. The Double Cab offers four doors and a 78 inch bed length.

The CrewMax, with expanded rear seat area will start at $43,900. CrewMax models have a 67 inch bed length.

The TRD Pro package includes:
2.5 inch long travel Bilstein shocks with remote reservoirs in the front and rear
Eibach springs with 2” lift for the front of the vehicle
Decreased spring rate to improve ride quality over harsh terrain
Rear springs remain stock

Black 18 inch TRD alloy wheels
32 inch tall Michelin P275/65/R18 LTX AT2 tires designed exclusively for Tundra

TRD front skid plate

TRD dual exhaust system

Multi-reflector halogen headlights with manual level control

And to make sure everyone knows this is a TRD Pro,
Unique front grill with “TOYOTA” badging
TRD floor mats
TRD shift knobs
TRD PRO quarter panel bed stamping
Unique interior seat color with red stitching

Exterior colors are limited to Attitude Black Metallic, Super White, and Inferno, a dusky orange.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
ODEL# MODEL GRADE MSRP
8321 Tundra TRD Pro Double Cab 4x4 V8 6AT FFV* $41,285
8351 Tundra TRD Pro Double Cab 4x4 V8 6AT $41,285
8371 Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax 4x4 V8 6AT FFV* $43,900
8373 Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax 4x4 V8 6AT $43,900

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I just don't know what Toyota was thinking putting "TRD" on the sides of their trucks. I know I know, it's an acronym for "Toyota Racing Development", but try pronouncing the three letters together and you get my point. I do like Toyota trucks though, very durable.

haven

Expedition Leader
I like the fact that the Tundra retains its stock carrying capacity of about 1400 lb. The Ford Raptor, rated at 980 lb, loses quite a bit of the stock F150's load capacity.

The Ram Power Wagon, with carrying capacity of more than 1800 lb, remains the choice if you need off-road capability plus the ability to carry stuff.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
P(passenger) rated tires again?
What's the Cummins equipped Tundra going to run. One thing I know,it will come with LT tires.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I like the fact that the Tundra retains its stock carrying capacity of about 1400 lb. The Ford Raptor, rated at 980 lb, loses quite a bit of the stock F150's load capacity.

The Ram Power Wagon, with carrying capacity of more than 1800 lb, remains the choice if you need off-road capability plus the ability to carry stuff.

That is great carrying capacity but I don't think it is fair to compare the three. They all are set up for totally different environments. Besides if you are buying one of these trucks it is not for the carrying capacity.

haven

Expedition Leader
I guess the Raptor is an ExPo-worthy vehicle, provided you're just carrying sleeping bags and a couple of MREs. Or if you have a second truck to carry the camping gear.

I have seen photos of a Raptor outfitted with a Phoenix pop up camper. I imagine the rear suspension is millimeters from the bump stops with the camper on board. Or they had to add airbags to the rear suspension. In my opinion, better to get a truck designed to carry the weight you need.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I don't think the Raptor was built for the expo scene just like the TRD and the power wagon were not built to go running through the desert. Comparing different rigs.

Clutch

<---Pass
I guess the Raptor is an ExPo-worthy vehicle, provided you're just carrying sleeping bags and a couple of MREs. Or if you have a second truck to carry the camping gear.

I have seen photos of a Raptor outfitted with a Phoenix pop up camper. I imagine the rear suspension is millimeters from the bump stops with the camper on board. Or they had to add airbags to the rear suspension. In my opinion, better to get a truck designed to carry the weight you need.

Just toss on some new rear springs and you're good to go. Air bags can be fussy. ;)

Even with me being a Toyota fan. That new F150 2.7 Ecoboost has my attention over any other new rig though. They are claiming 27 mpg hwy in the 2WD model, so perhaps the 4WD will be around 23-25? RCLB with a FWC, maybe 20 mpg hwy....sounds like a decent setup for a single guy or a couple. :)

Toyota really needs to step it up in the fuel economy department.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke