Bought a new to me 2 owner 80 series and have some questions

Jmeyers278

We'll I am a first time land cruiser owner coming from jeeps and I love my 80 series. It is an unlocked 93 2 owner rig with minimal additions. It is beautiful but I have a few questions. Is there an adjustment for the kick down. I think that the transmission doesn't kick down as quick as it should. I have to put my foot in it pretty far to get it to downshift. Also is there any way to get the seat to move back farther? I am 6'4" and it is a little cramped. In my jeep I had a seat track that moved me back a little. Any help would be great

97LXAZ

Congrats. There is a lot of the technical info you'll need over at IH8MUD.COM. I'm not sure about the tranny but I know there are seat extensions that can be purchased from one of the members or there might even be instructions on how to do the mod yourself. Faster might be to Google "fj80 seat extensions". Good luck.

temple

Adventurer
My 97, I have to push the power button and then it will down shift easier. I don't know if a 93 has a power button though.

I don't know about seat extensions. As said earlier, ihmud.com is an insanely busy forum with all the info that you need.

Dazrin

Adventurer

SeattleFJs

Observer
I have the Landtank kit in my truck. I'm 6'3" and those inches gained make a huge difference. It's a PITA job though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krazytoy

Adventurer
Procar makes aftermarket seats and manual sliders for the 80 too, when I installed them it went back at least 2" further maybe more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles