Ujor compatible front axle w/ 8x6.5 pattern?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
That pretty much sums it up. If at all possible I'd like to keep the 8x6.5 pattern since I have other vehicles that share it.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
There isn't a factory 8 on 6.5 axle that can be used, you'd have to upgrade the 99-04 axle to my RSC kit or a Dynatrac free spin kit to change the pattern. This would require the rotors to be machined any time they need to be replaced.

Or you could drill the unit bearings like Quigley and a few other did but I wouldn't recommend it. Again with the machining of rotors and unit bearings if they ever need to be replaced.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Damn. Always got to be an expert rain on my parade with facts. Fiiiine, I'll do it your way. :)

Ok, one more stupid question. Suppose I wanted to replace my rear axle (1992 E-350 Ambo dually) with something with the 8 x 170 pattern, and stay with a dually, what should I be looking at for a donor?

And last...

I want to get moving on ordering parts for my conversion this week. How's the best way to get with you on working out exactly what I need. I'm just assuming that since it's an ambulance, and I'm considering swapping the rear axle, I might not need certain things that are in the "kit", but of course I'm not certain on that.

Toolman

Explorer
You are in good hands. Chris has a easy button, on his desk. He rarely needs to use it. :ylsmoke:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Damn. Always got to be an expert rain on my parade with facts. Fiiiine, I'll do it your way. :)

Ok, one more stupid question. Suppose I wanted to replace my rear axle (1992 E-350 Ambo dually) with something with the 8 x 170 pattern, and stay with a dually, what should I be looking at for a donor?

And last...

I want to get moving on ordering parts for my conversion this week. How's the best way to get with you on working out exactly what I need. I'm just assuming that since it's an ambulance, and I'm considering swapping the rear axle, I might not need certain things that are in the "kit", but of course I'm not certain on that.

Thats my job! :)

More bad news, can't run a truck DRW axle on a van due to the wider spring perches. The brakes and springs want to live in the same location and that doesn't work too well.

Just shoot me an email or call me, we'll get it rolling!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Thats my job! :)

More bad news, can't run a truck DRW axle on a van due to the wider spring perches. The brakes and springs want to live in the same location and that doesn't work too well.

Just shoot me an email or call me, we'll get it rolling!

Yep, I had got that from another conversation. I assumed I would need an axle from some type of cab & chassis dually. I was asking if there was a particular year/model I should look for.

rebar

Adventurer
I was told "If you go 99-04 axles you can get hubs to run 8x6.5 and 35 spline outers."

Can anyone elaborate on how, and how much it costs to convert back to 8x6.5 ?

More than a used rear axle?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Our RSC upgrade will do it or you can get a Dynatrac free spin kit made 8 on 6.5. For the extra $ the RSC upgrade is worth it for the brakes alone. But the axle has to come from us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz