RAPTOR EXP THREAD

airjammer

Observer
I'm selling my Touareg and buying a Raptor..Just to be clear, I see this as a great platform for a mild exp. vehicle.

Yes, I know - MPG sucks...and, not good in tight terrain.

Thoughts?

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I say what ever makes you happy. The truck has a lot going for. Great suspension good size factory tires and rims. So will complain because it will only carry like a thousand pounds. There a few people on here that already use the raptor. Good luck. Post some pictures when you get it.

Sentinelist

Adventurer
I think it's a wicked platform if you can bulk up the rear-end for hauling gear or even a shortbed TC. Though something along the lines of a Baja kinda build with a safari rack, plus a bed rack and in place of the tailgate for a beefy spare and jerry cans would be ideal for that truck.

Big50

Adventurer
I'd go for it but I'm biased haha. You can beef up the rear with some progressive springs like Deaver, or Atlas. I personally run deavers +3 which eliminate the stock lift block and sit about 1 inch higher overall. Truck sits nice and level loaded with 600lbs+ worth of gear for trips. They also improve the ride considerably on and offroad. Stock springs should do well for a while as well.

Feel free to check out my build thread (links in my signature). My truck is built more for 2-3 day trips at the moment but I'd have no problem taking it on an extended trip if I had the time!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I'd go for it but I'm biased haha. You can beef up the rear with some progressive springs like Deaver, or Atlas. I personally run deavers +3 which eliminate the stock lift block and sit about 1 inch higher overall. Truck sits nice and level loaded with 600lbs+ worth of gear for trips. They also improve the ride considerably on and offroad. Stock springs should do well for a while as well.

Feel free to check out my build thread (links in my signature). My truck is built more for 2-3 day trips at the moment but I'd have no problem taking it on an extended trip if I had the time!

Any way to put air bags on the rear and daystar air spring cups?

Great truck for bumpy back country roads. Smooothest ride out there.

Big50

Adventurer
^^^I don't believe so. I've seen threads from the early days of the Raptors release where guys tried to run them. They get destroyed offroad.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
It's a great truck & choice. If I were looking for a gas vehicle, it would be at the top of the short list. While down in Baja for the NORRA 1000 I was amazed at how many Raptors were down there, both gringo's and locals.

TiFJ

Observer
Love my Raptor!!

10491355_10100426414445035_7261475805522670167_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne