My Tiger XL AWD build thread

benjamin_smith

Interior Pics and New Curtains

Here's some interior pics!

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

My girlfriend, Erin, is all about making the interior look pretty. So she started with the curtains that she felt was too dark for the small space. So she took a brighter pattern she liked and made some new curtains.

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

The curtains are lined with a black fabric. The black lining, combined with the dark tint on the windows, make it look like no one's home. From the outside with the curtains closed, it looks like there's just super dark tint on the windows. Which I like for boondocking. It's always a dead giveaway that someone is sleeping inside their vehicle if you can see all the curtains are closed, but if it looks like a vehicle with just dark tint you don't think twice ;)

sambot

Observer
Another Boulder Tiger

I tried to buy that Tiger from Rick, but you beat me to it, good score! I'm not to bummed cause I've already got one here in Boulder. Wish I had the hightop though.
Welcome to the family, hope to see you around.
Sam

Attachments

• TIG1.JPG
    TIG1.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 46

benjamin_smith

A 2" lift and some 235/75R15 LT tires will help handling. 235/70R16 a bit more so, but you'd have to buy rims.

I'm decent with working on engine stuff, but I know practically nothing wheels, tires, and suspension (one of the reasons I'm on this forum)!

The previous owner upgraded the leaf springs and custom shocks (not sure the exact details, I'll post pictures). The tires currently on it are "Continental Vanco FourSeason 225/70R15 C 112/110 R M&S". How would those compare to 235/75R15 LT tires?

benjamin_smith

I tried to buy that Tiger from Rick, but you beat me to it, good score! I'm not to bummed cause I've already got one here in Boulder. Wish I had the hightop though.
Sam

Sorry I beat you to this one! I'm in Boulder as well, I'd love to take a look at your Tiger. It looks like you have some suspension upgrades going on there!

sambot

Observer
I've got a set of 235/75/15 tires still on the Chevy rims. They are 29" diameter x 9.25"wide. Yours are 27" dia. x 8.5" wide.
You would be welcome to come try them on and see if they fit without a lift or fender trimming. I'll probably be keeping them for road trips as my 245/75/16 M/S tires are a bit overkill for long highway miles.

Yours are probably fine, but every inch of clearance helps when in the rough.
-Sam

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Sam

AWESOME looking rig!!

SG

sambot

Observer
Thanks Spence,
Reading your earlier build thread for Boomer set the hook for me to get a off-road camper van.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior