Suburban/Tahoe 3rd row help.

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
So I'm looking for some kind soul here who would be willing to take the time to measure the distances between the third row brackets on their GMT-800 (2000-2006 models).

I have the seats given to me by a friend and I bought the strikers online. I was wondering if someone either had these dimensions offhand or could possible provide them.

Center to center and front to back would be fine, just to get me started before I start drilling holes in the K5.

Thanks, Eric

82fb

Adventurer
Well, if you have the seats, I suppose you could just measure them, but I probably am not understanding your question. All measurements are center to center.

The rear has three attachment points. left to center is 18.25. Center to right is 18.25. Left to right is 36.5
front has two attachment points. left to right is 42.5

Now within the confines of my floor, the rear points are... 6.125 from plastic trim on left side, 6.5 from plastic trim on right side.
the front points are 3.5 from each side.

distance from front to rear attachment points are 16.5 inches.

I hope that helps!

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Well, if you have the seats, I suppose you could just measure them, but I probably am not understanding your question. All measurements are center to center.

The rear has three attachment points. left to center is 18.25. Center to right is 18.25. Left to right is 36.5
front has two attachment points. left to right is 42.5

Now within the confines of my floor, the rear points are... 6.125 from plastic trim on left side, 6.5 from plastic trim on right side.
the front points are 3.5 from each side.

distance from front to rear attachment points are 16.5 inches.

I hope that helps!

That is perfect thank you.

I should have been more clear, I meant from the center of one striker to the next (as opposed to measuring from a bolt hole). I had measured the seats once before and lost the paper, I need to do it again but I wanted a double check on the striker positions.

In the K5 it will be different spacing from the interior panels. Still this is good info to have recorded here. Thanks for the help!

82fb

Adventurer
One thing to clarify, is that the 16.5 inches between front and back, means in a straight line front to rear of the vehicle. Since they are offset about 3 inches, the actual distance would be a half inch further or so. If you plotted it on a grid, the distance would be 16.5 front to rear, and .5 side to side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior