Yellow Frontier into Expedition truck

Apdl

Observer
Looking forward to more pics

I love the feeling of completing a hard job and looking like i just got back from hell

iron dingo

Observer
i got the rest of the lift done the next weekend and totally spaced on posting it I will do that tonight. But today I Dropped the truck off for new tires. Going with General Grabber AT2 235/85/16

before:
IMG_20150109_075530_081.jpg

after:

P1080456.JPG

Last edited:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
i got the rest of the lift done the next weekend and totally spaced on posting it I will do that tonight. But today I Dropped the truck off for new tires. Going with General Grabber AT2 235/85/16

before:
IMG_20150109_075530_081.jpg

after will come when I get the truck back..

Great choice and tire and size!

iron dingo

Observer
I did a bunch of reading on this site as to what others have done and liked and such. That guided me to the choice.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I did a bunch of reading on this site as to what others have done and liked and such. That guided me to the choice.

I love that size, for my uses and my eye its the perfect size for these first gen trucks, looking forward to the pics!

iron dingo

Observer
Quick photo dump back track update.

I got the rest of the lift done in short order once the new ball joints came in

vyxiCsMv3cHXTW6DysS8ot0xA5-sbojxy6AxNUpifYk8=w270-h202-p-no

a quick bolt up to go together nicely,

P1080322.JPG

P1080323.JPG

then a ton of grease in the fittings and back on with the Wheels to check my alignment and torsion bar adjustment

P1080327.JPG

and all lifted. I roughed in a good enough alignment to get it to the shop where they did it right and then last Friday as I said earlier I got the new tires.
the truck handles soo much better now I am very happy. It also feels taller, well cause it is, which feels good too.

Now I need to wait till spring and more $$ to start doing lights and electrical, exhaust adjustment, bed storage drawers, and then bumpers and armor.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Now my only question is how do i tell the truck the tires are bigger so my Odometer and Speedo are correct?

Unfortunately you cant

you will be always reading low now on both, I have a Scanguage II which can do the calculation for you (although my original tire size was 255/65R16 so my % difference was 12 not 3-4 like yours)

iron dingo

Observer
yeah speedo is not as important to me I have a phone app that calculates it based on GPS and is good enough to keep me aware of how much i am speeding by ;-)

my concern is calculating MPG and consumption for going into the deep woods. i.e. if the map says i am going 400 miles between gas stations how much fuel do i need to bring with me? My consumption is based off an odometer that is 13% different than reality. so i will have to figure the right math to correct cause while i am not going to bring exactly what i need i don't wanna have to bring way to much.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
yeah speedo is not as important to me I have a phone app that calculates it based on GPS and is good enough to keep me aware of how much i am speeding by ;-)

my concern is calculating MPG and consumption for going into the deep woods. i.e. if the map says i am going 400 miles between gas stations how much fuel do i need to bring with me? My consumption is based off an odometer that is 13% different than reality. so i will have to figure the right math to correct cause while i am not going to bring exactly what i need i don't wanna have to bring way to much.

Its the same math, if your speedo reads 13% low then your odometer will also read 13% low

i.e if you have done 200 miles off pavement you have actually traveled 226

iron dingo

Observer
Its the same math, if your speedo reads 13% low then your odometer will also read 13% low

i.e if you have done 200 miles off pavement you have actually traveled 226

yeah just would like to not deal with the extra math if I can get away with it.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
yeah just would like to not deal with the extra math if I can get away with it.

Like I said, scangauge II will be your best bet. It will auto correct speed distance and fuel economy on a separate display. Had mine for three years and really enjoy it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior