MSR Whisperlite Stove

precision powder

Backwoods Explorer
I don't use this stove anymore since I use my dragonfly instead so there is not need keeping it here when someone else can benefit from it. I always have been a fan of backpacking stoves over cooktop style stoves because of the size and weight saved with these. There is plenty of life left in it. Completely field serviceable as with any MSR stove and the legs fold up for a nice compact storage.

You will need to buy a pump and a bottle which are readily accessible online and in a lot of camping stores. It burns whitegas/coleman camping fuel. Clean burning very quiet stove. Runs for a ridiculous amount of time on one bottle of fuel (can refill the bottle anywhere so it saves on trash/waste as well)

The stove will come as pictured with the little carry bag. $40 + shipping ($6-8 +/- )

10635778_10152983723969879_2556665094375064523_n.jpg

10614189_10152983723859879_2793855882280876952_n.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
These are excellent. I had one when I was a wee Boy Scout. Promptly forgot about it when I hit 16 and girls/cars/guitars/school/college all sort of happened and I stopped backpacking and camping for a couple of decades.

Literally 20 years later my Mom asked for help cleaning out her garage and I pulled out the MSR Whisperlite. Checked it over and figured I'd have to give it a full rebuild to get it working, but just for giggles I hooked up a bottle and gave it a go. To my surprise it fired right up. Even the coleman fuel sitting in the MSR bottles was fine. Only thing that needed attention was the O-rings on the pump-to-bottle seal and the bottle cap as these had dried. These things will run forever, and I'm still using that stove in my solo camp rig.

precision powder

Backwoods Explorer
I love all my msr gear. Built for a lifetime and then some. Only reason I dont use this is because I went to a dragonfly for the super flame control. Even this you can control the flame with just using the valve on pump. Best stoves out there IMO

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
If I already didnt have 2, I'd snag it

thats an incredible price

good luck with sale

precision powder

Backwoods Explorer
If I already didnt have 2, I'd snag it

thats an incredible price

good luck with sale

Thank you sir, I am thinking I would like to pick up a spare dragonfly. Would be nice to have two identical setups so I can have the same pumps and parts kits.

GS1150

Observer
Thank you sir, I am thinking I would like to pick up a spare dragonfly. Would be nice to have two identical setups so I can have the same pumps and parts kits.
You're a couple of weeks too late. I had a Dragonfly that was used four times with a small MSR bottle, $75 shipped and we've done business before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior