Two Latvians overlanding south

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Death Valley, judging from its name, sounds like uninhabitable place, but in reality it’s not dead at all. It’s very much so alive, even rocks tend to move there. :)

Check Facebook page for more pictures.

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
We are not huge fans of old abandoned buildings, mines and ghost towns for that matter. Bodie somehow was different. We actually enjoyed spending couple hours touring the old ghost town and imagining how tens of thousands of people spent days in this, then thriving city. Thank you Dace and Raivis for suggestion! :)

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
This year our greeting is a bit different as well as our Christmas. No matter that, we wish you and your family Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And one more thing - remember to enjoy every moment! :)

BvkpGtm.jpg

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Awesome pics and great read, thanks for sharing. I am guessing Australia is next ;)

Thanks! No, it's just Mexico for now, to be more precise Baja California Sur which some people wouldn't consider "real" Mexico in a lot of ways. So Mexico Next year (2015), Baja this year.

No plans to visit country where everything wants to kill you any time soon. Someday for sure! :)

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Thanks! No, it's just Mexico for now, to be more precise Baja California Sur which some people wouldn't consider "real" Mexico in a lot of ways. So Mexico Next year (2015), Baja this year.

No plans to visit country where everything wants to kill you any time soon. Someday for sure! :)

Haha nothing wants to kill you here ;) I spent 3 months travelling through Africa from Rwanda down to Cape Town camping, now that place has things that will kill you :D

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
We are starting to develop love/hate relationship with our Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires. We love how good they are in terms of control and performance, but we hate how easy it is to get puncture, including weak sidewalls (have a slow leak on one tire). This is second puncture on our trip, this time driving at around 5-10km/h (3-6mph)…

Sr9nZ7u.jpg

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Yosemite has been on our radar for a while and driving into the valley was great experience. We witnessed some amazing sunsets and despite the fact we didn’t go on any decent hike, we have a plan for next time we are around. :)

krick3tt

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing your adventures through pictures. Maybe you can catch the mouse with ice cream and cookies.
i came back from an adventure in the woods and had a mouse in my Pinzgauer for weeks. Nibbling on a forgotten cookie left under the front seat. Finally left, to who knows where.

Happy trails

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Great photos, I find Coopers to be good most of the time if you run correct tyre pressures for the terrain. I now though have moved to BFG KM2's as I need the extra traction in mud for our wet season.

PS Watch out for the bears ;) they will do more damage than any of our animals (except for a salty I guess or shark) hehe.

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Thanks for sharing your adventures through pictures. Maybe you can catch the mouse with ice cream and cookies.
i came back from an adventure in the woods and had a mouse in my Pinzgauer for weeks. Nibbling on a forgotten cookie left under the front seat. Finally left, to who knows where.

Happy trails

We resolved the mouse issue. :)

It turned out that when we lifted van, the steering column rubber cover couldn't exactly stretch, so there was a hole where not only mice, but cat could go trough... Little bit of Gorilla Tape and problem solved :)

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
We love Astrid. She takes us to some amazing places and trough some rough terrain, generating lots of fun memories, like this one in Baja Sur, Mexico

x0nh6tp.jpg

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
As true tree huggers we couldn’t miss the opportunity to visit big trees. Sequoias are majestic trees and we managed to enjoy not only trees alone :) In other news: We are really close (~2-3 entries) from getting Facebook up-to-date and start posting “live” updates. :)

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
After spending 3 months exploring Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Colorado and Arizona, it was nice to finally get to California and see big water – Pacific Ocean, again. :) We didn’t spend much time in California though. Mostly due the fact that prices on the coast are outrageous and secondly, because we were days away from becoming illegal aliens in US. This also means that we have got to the point where updates start coming about Mexico – country that we are currently in. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior