Two Latvians overlanding south

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Hello Overlanders,

The planning is over and we are on the way… ;)

QekijBb.jpg

We are two young Latvians who are traveling overland from our home town – Vancouver, BC… south :) South as South America and most likely Ushuaia, Argentina. As it is adventure for us, we haven’t set any hard goals in terms of places we have to reach. We are “planning” on figuring out route as we go and take this journey on day-by-day basis.

Road and Astrid (our Astro van) has been home for us for couple weeks now and if you want to follow our adventures, you can do it in following ways:

You can also view our current progress on this page of our blog: http://www.izaicinajums.com/p/marsruts.html

We posted our US “plan” or better say places we would like to see on ExPo Forum while ago: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...advice-recommendations-for-US-part-of-journey

If you have any suggestions on places we should visit along the way, please share them!

If you are on road as well or want to meet us, please let us know and maybe our paths cross and we can get together and share experiences!

Cheers,
Peter and Dace

coax

Adventurer
Glad to see your trip is underway! If you have any questions about the Rocky Mountain National Park area let me know. The road up and over trail ridge through the park does close for the winter season, usually end of October, so depending on how quickly you are knocking out the miles, its something to consider. I'll be leaving end of this month to fly to Chile for my trip so maybe see you down there!

Corey

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Glad to see your trip is underway! If you have any questions about the Rocky Mountain National Park area let me know. The road up and over trail ridge through the park does close for the winter season, usually end of October, so depending on how quickly you are knocking out the miles, its something to consider. I'll be leaving end of this month to fly to Chile for my trip so maybe see you down there!

Corey

Thanks, I think we should be there in couple weeks, so I hope we are fine and don't get to much snow.

Safe travels!

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
We have been moving south slowly but steadily (spending week in Grand Teton NP and few days in Craters of the Moon NM), now ready to cross to Nevada/Utah/Colorado and begin that part of journey.

In other news – we have illegal aliens in our “house” – nomad mice. Caught one (and released…), but other one is still giving us hard time during nights and not willing to co-operate… Hunt is still on ;)

For latest updates check our Facebook page :) https://www.facebook.com/izaicinajums

bZn2qmI.jpg

em125oS.jpg

Picked random hike - Table mountain, and got left speechless, never had lunch like that :)

9wJ0KfA.jpg

Safe travels! :)

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
We have made it to Nevada and it has surprised us with its mountains and unique beauty. Nevada is not exactly what we thought about it and all of it in good way. Our route was planned mainly using dirt roads and we don't regret that choice. There is downside to it, as our “house” is full of dust. Well, we will have something to remember at least. Adventure continues ;)

glZfAnu.jpg

omCNnr6.jpg

As always for more picture, check out FB page :)

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
We have been taken by surprise again, Great Basin National Park, was suggested to us as a great place for star viewing, but it turned out to be more. We got presented with possibility to hike our first almost 4000m (~13100ft) high mountain/peak – Wheeler Peak (3986m). Views and feelings indescribable. Now we are on our way to Colorado, and currently in Utah. Utah is high desert, nature is interesting, valleys are big and roads are straight (for the most part). It’s is beautiful with no doubts in our minds. Hot as well, ice cream was just something we needed here. ;)

XA2GWpM.jpg

YE2lmQg.jpg

GIC5zXA.jpg

jlSnERX.jpg

Safe travels and until next time ;)

Scott Brady

Founder
Hello Overlanders,

We are two young Latvians who are traveling overland from our home town – Vancouver, BC… south :) South as South America and most likely Ushuaia, Argentina. As it is adventure for us, we haven't set any hard goals in terms of places we have to reach. We are “planning” on figuring out route as we go and take this journey on day-by-day basis.

Congrats on starting the adventure! Latvia is certainly a beautiful country, and one I enjoyed visiting (a few times).

thanks for the updates and let us know if we can help or share your adventure further. We would love to say hello in Prescott at our offices if your route can accommodate 89/89a into Arizona.

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Quick Utah run trough is over (we will return) and Dinosaur National Monument visited. We have seen real Dinosaur bones, old paintings on stone (petroglyphs), lots of stars and most importantly unique nature. Now in Colorado and those who named it “Colorful Colorado” have not lied. Fall seems to be the right time to visit Colorado. It’s beautiful here!

5GcuW58.jpg

b7yhyeI.jpg

o0L5RV2.jpg

k1R7fMA.jpg

rsgbjLR.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles