Labor Day Baja Trip to Punta Cabra with CON KSO, Motos, Chicks, Surf and Rum

con kso

Adventurer
Yes there is that Border Patrol check - lucky for me I've never had more than a couple minutes wait right there. That would suck if it was an hour or more. Do you use Otay or San Ysidro to avoid it? Sentri or Global Entry is the way to go and many in my town have it- I could get it but my truck with camper and towed motorcycles would never pass Sentri inspection- bummer.

ExpoMike

Nice report and looks like you guys had a great time. Glad Liza did not get hurt or losing her or the bike on the cliff side. Definitely a pucker moment. Glad to see the stove is getting a proper workout. :)

con kso

Adventurer
ExpoMike- we love the stove it works great. I modified it by putting a quick connect for my bulk propane on to it and then realized that disconnecting a 10' high pressure propane hose was damn dangerous (a cloud of propane shooting out of the hose!). So I attached a ball valve to it and bingo- much better. Would love to hook up with you sometime for an offroad adventure. Con Kso has 4x4 and some beefy BFGs but the long wheel base and weight up high limits us to easy trails. Still, we can bring our motos and follow you from any base camp we set up.

We're prepping this very moment for three days camping north of Santa Barbara- the shakedown cruise continues.

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
I must admit you had me at chicks! But I so want to experience Baja. Been 4 years since I last visited the sea of Cortez. Thanks for sharing!

jds0912

Adventurer
Awesome post. I'm on the east coast and man, I dream of doing a trip like that (sub the rum for tequila). Thanks for posting.

con kso

Adventurer
Tried to include some photos of the female persuasion.

Did my best to deliver with the shot of the strange tourist woman in the surf.

Yes- I'm fortunate to have Baja at my doorstep. It's literally three exits down the freeway from where I live.

The great thing about Baja is no worries about making reservations, fewer heads in the water, fricking awesome tacos, wonderful local folks and a wide open sense of freedom that doesn't include Park Rangers, generators buzzing four feet from your campsite and leash laws.

Of course there are downsides to it as well (trashed beaches close to populated areas, kids on quads doing donuts right in front of your campsite, malnourished, diseased, stray dogs roaming around, and umpa-lumpa ranchero music being blasted from a tent full of partying locals four feet from your campsite- to name a few).

But we love it. It's the unknown.

Talk more soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz