My new project

Chucaro

Adventurer
I sold the Disco Tdi300 1998 and brought a very nice Range Rover Hiline 1988 V8 FI manual.
This is a project for more serious 4wd expeditions and trailer testing and promessing to be a very good choice.
Justing Cooper fitted the Truetrac and axles that keith sent from USA and with another small repairs the vehicle drives like a dream. We fitted a front diff protector, 50mm rised springs and Delphi Carbon shocks. This week the Maxxis 235-85-16 will be fitted and the beast will be ready for more demanding tracks. A front Truetrac is on the list and the day that the V8 have enough a Izusu 3.9 turbo with 4 sp box will be the replacement.
Thanks to Keith for so good axles and send me the Truetrac. I know that Justin will order more gear from you in the future and many more Landy owners which have my high recomendations for the quality of his services and products.
Cheers

original.jpg

gjackson

FRGS
Nice looking truck! Brown would not be my first choice of colour on a Rangie, but it looks very clean.

cheers

Chucaro

Adventurer
bovw said:
Looks nice. What kind of bumber/brush guard is that?

No idea, but it will be removed as soon as reach home. I like the Equipe type of bars and i will made my own.
At the present time I am building the rock sliders with stooge (my son Carlos) for his and my Rangie.

Chucaro

Adventurer
gjackson said:
Nice looking truck! Brown would not be my first choice of colour on a Rangie, but it looks very clean.

cheers

Thanks mate, it is not brown, it is like wine color Cabernet perhaps ?
Like any new plain RR it will improve with the mods to come.

gjackson

FRGS
It's that southern hemisphere light playing tricks on me! Cabernet is a much better colour than brown!

cheers

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Oh Graham, always the Wino! Pray when shall we (Chucaro included :) ) take a glass or three on the grass under the bluffs in the The Junk?

Indeed I think we need a wine tasting expedition.

Chucaro

Adventurer
Mates, the only way to do a wine expedition in Oz is in a bus and it will take weeks to finish in South Australia Barrosa Valley alone!!!
Nevertheless is one brillant idea. Come over :jumping:

Chucaro

Adventurer
The new mods are progressing well in the Rangie. We made with Stooge a set of rock sliders for his and my Rangie and worked very well.
i fitted a front diff protectionand a new set of 235x85x15 Maxxis "Buckshot" tires. With the 40 mm suspension lift and the 32" tires now the beast have plenty clerance.
The rear Truetrack and Keith's axles made the a Rangie very smooth.
Next on the list are the rear wheel carrier, rollbar/cargo barrier and the compressor for the tires.
We have a lot of fun in Tasmania and the Land Rovers perform fantastic.
Have a look on the "expeditions in progress" for pictures.
Cheers.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Chucaro

Adventurer
Thanks Keith, the rock sliders are very strong and will save the body from big prangs. Next weekend we are heading with a bunch of Land Rovers to the Hartz mountains. I have a lot of fun in Tassie, it is a paradise for 4wd. All the tracks are so close to base that every day we can select a new one.
I return home on the 18/4 so another 3000 km + on the road
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles