Roof Sealant? aluminum camper with sunlights

Randallausdran

Picked up a Fuso FH with a custom aluminum camper that has aftermarket sunlights installed. The sunlights have been leaking a bit so I decided to put some sealant around them. I waited for the next rain and it has been leaking even worse!! To reach to the middle of the roof I had to put one hand down to seal the middle part of the roof. I am hoping I didn't put too much pressure on the roof. This is the only reason I can think of as to why its leaking worse now. Does anyone have any suggestions about a roof sealant thats any better? I picked up the FUSO off of this site from a guy in Durango.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/85353-Expedition-Mitsubishi-Fuso-FH-Travel-ready-and-in-Durango

WINTER IS COMING!
thanks,
Randall

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
I sealed all of my roof apparatus with Sikaflex 221, plus the necessary primer and activator for the aluminium roof. I have had no leaks at all and would recommend using it, but you'd have to remove the skylights and refit them, which can be hard to do without damaging them depending on what they were originally fitted with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier