The 2015 Chevy Colorado build and price is up. Anyone excited? Anyone ordered?

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Check it out here.

Interesting... but a couple things bug me. No manual 4x4 option. 4x4 is a $7k option on some models. Very easy to go over $35k witha z71 and reasonable options. Diesel in 2015 will raise this price further.

What does everyone think?

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I'm very interested in the diesel option. I will most-likely buy unless Toyota does something with a diesel in the US.

Clutch

<---Pass
How would a 2.7 EcoBoost get 27mpg highway, when a 3.5L EcoBoost can only get 21mpg highway?

Don't know brother, guessing some Ford voodoo witchcraft, with a dash of fuzzy math, and a pinch of bull ca-ca. :elkgrin:

Do want to take a look see when it comes out.

Kaisen

Explorer
Fuel economy doesn't really appear to be why people buy the mid-size trucks. Take the Tacoma, it gets worse than a modern full size.

Comparing a Silverado and Colorado, the smaller truck is $10,000 to $15,000 less expensive. That's a fair size chunk of change.

A little smaller, a little better fuel economy, a lot less expensive

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Comparing a Silverado and Colorado, the smaller truck is $10,000 to $15,000 less expensive. That's a fair size chunk of change.

Sort of, not to compare Red apples to Granny Smith apples but when the diesel Colorado comes out it will be priced above a well-appointed Silverado Crew cab 4x4. As with any diesel purchase, someone will really WANT a diesel in order to place that kind of cash down on a midsize truck. Gas to gas, the Colorado is priced fairly. I know I am anxious to check out a 3.6L V6 crew cab Z71 once they hit the lots. We have that same DI 3.6L in our 2014 Impala LTZ and it really hauls balls. It should work well in the Colorado as well.

Kaisen

Explorer
A normally equipped Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 5.3 V8 is in the mid forties, and a "well-appointed" (LTZ, High Country) are high forties to low fifties (and beyond).

A normally equipped Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 3.6 V6 is in the mid thirties

I can't imagine that the 2.8 I4 Duramax Diesel will add $10K over the 3.6 V6..... I'd guess more like $4K

Clutch

<---Pass
Fuel economy doesn't really appear to be why people buy the mid-size trucks. Take the Tacoma, it gets worse than a modern full size.

10-15K less expensive, what models are you comparing?

Just did a build on their site...nothing fancy. Did both WT models (what self respecting overlander would need anything more, right? :D ), double cab, 4WD...did add the V6 to the Colorado. No other options were picked.

Colorado comes in a hair under $29K

The Silvy a smidge under $32K...the Silvy does have a $2750 cash back offer currently. So about for the same money, you can get more truck and just take a nick on mpg.

5.3 option adds $1100 to the bill, still not that much more than a Colorado.

Last edited:

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Time will tell, but I predict a diesel Colorado crew cab Z71 will cost more than a Silvy crew cab 4x4 LT Allstar package, especially after all rebates and package discounts. An Allstar LT is pretty well equipped. I really doubt there will be any rebates on the diesel Colorado when it hits the road. It will be interesting to see how many diesel wishers put there money where their mouth is.

Kaisen

Explorer
I'd compare the 85th percentile sellers, not obscure enthusiast trucks. And compare MSRP to MSRP as that's the only constant. Rebates and incentives will always vary.

The best selling (retail consumer) Silverado is a Crew Cab 4x4 5'8" box LT with a 5.3L V8, convenience pkg, tow, and locker -- $44,310

A similarly equipped Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 LT with a 3.6L V6, convenience pkg, tow, and locker -- $34,150

No one will buy a flipping WT except Expedition fanbois

Clutch

<---Pass
I'd compare the 85th percentile sellers, not obscure enthusiast trucks. And compare MSRP to MSRP as that's the only constant. Rebates and incentives will always vary.

The best selling (retail consumer) Silverado is a Crew Cab 4x4 5'8" box LT with a 5.3L V8, convenience pkg, tow, and locker -- $44,310

A similarly equipped Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 LT with a 3.6L V6, convenience pkg, tow, and locker -- $34,150

No one will buy a flipping WT except Expedition fanbois

So no service vehicles we be sold by GM!? Betcha Ford and Ram are happy to hear that!

We used to own a construction business, we always purchased contractor vehicles. So that is how I still look at vehicle purchases. Though you get a lot of options on the base models
now-a-days....hell, I remember when AC was an option, among other things.

Kaisen

Explorer
I'm talking about retail consumer sales. Sure, fleets and service vehicles will buy strippos. But you won't see many on most dealer's lots.

Kaisen

Explorer
Out of curiosity, I went on Chevy's site and built WT versions:

2015 Colorado Crew Cab Short Box WT 4x4 3.6L V6 with Trailer Tow and Locking Rear -- $31,155 MSRP

2014 Silverado Crew Cab Short Box WT 4x4 4.3L V6 with Trailer Tow and Locking Rear -- $38,715 MSRP

Unless my calculator is broken, that's a $7,560 difference in MSRP between a comparably equipped Silverado and Colorado, in stripped-out Expy Fanboi mode

Clutch

<---Pass
Out of curiosity, I went on Chevy's site and built WT versions:

2015 Colorado Crew Cab Short Box WT 4x4 3.6L V6 with Trailer Tow and Locking Rear -- $31,155 MSRP

2014 Silverado Crew Cab Short Box WT 4x4 4.3L V6 with Trailer Tow and Locking Rear -- $38,715 MSRP

Unless my calculator is broken, that's a $7,560 difference in MSRP between a comparably equipped Silverado and Colorado, in stripped-out Expy Fanboi mode

Do it without the trailer tow package and locking rear.

I like bare bones vehicles. I'll add the other stuff myself.

I can do screen shot if you like.

I'm talking about retail consumer sales. Sure, fleets and service vehicles will buy strippos. But you won't see many on most dealer's lots.

Yeah, I don't think luxury and pickup truck belong in the same sentence. Trucks are made for work, always have thought that always will.

Might be what the masses purchase, but not me...was like that long before Expo was a Twinkle in Scott's eye. :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz