Picture Request: Custom Decals/Paintjobs

It's damn-near impossible to find a van in anything other than 'Contractor White' these days, which, while practical and makes sourcing colour-matched body panels pretty easy, it's kinda boring.

So, let's see everybody who's done up their van in something else-anything else! I need some ideas for when I finally choose a van of my own.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Here's our new office / camper. It's a work in progress. We've been working on the outside and mechanical first... Inside is more or less untouched so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 53

java

Expedition Leader
Big mountain decal on mine.

14985358460_6af29bcb45_c.jpg

DjDrewDigital

Observer
I designed a wrap to go between the lines on the body of my van because it was cheaper than a full wrap. The bottom line is horizontal but the top line curves down towards the front so I measured coordinates along the curve and mapped it out in Illustrator then copied it to Photoshop to use as a guide. I downloaded the "brush strokes" from some stock image site. Then filled in the screenshots.

Last edited:

landyachtcaptn

Observer
Glad you brought this up! How do these hold up to punishment? Anyone got pics what they look like as they start to degrade? I've been weighing ideas for wrap/ paint / lettering combo for my new work van. What is a typical cost for a full or partial? I'm trying to keep the budget down on this so I can spend more on future 4wd for it.

Cole

Expedition Leader
We did my KTM with topo lines, not a full topo map. But I've been considering doing something similar to the Sprinter.

7546606924_bd098b301e_b_d.jpg

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Wraps are not cheap here, figure $3,500 to $6,000. I got mine done in Baja for $1,500. They look good for 5 years or more but can start to fade and crack over time. They are very hard to remove once they have gotten hard and brittle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior