Maryland m416 - 2nd Build

Kflash

Adventurer
Rick

Just down the road in Crofton! You a trailer guy as well? Welder and welder skills would sure be handy! Would like to weld in a receiver for bike rack.

Chris

ramsport59

Observer
Cool, real close. I don't know what I am right now. I'm wanting to build a trailer, But I do have a offroad popup trailer. Being a family of four and two large dogs its hard to justify a RTT on a trailer.

Rick

Kflash

Adventurer
Two coats of paint on the bottom of the tub. One coat of forest green camo on sides. Will flip and paint inside and out tomorrow. Hope to have the tub back the frame tomorrow evening.

bottom paint.JPG

Kflash

Adventurer
Done 1.jpgdone 2.jpgdone 3.jpg

Lots of progress today. Painted tub inside and out and remounted on frame. Had painted fenders awhile ago. All bolted back together!

Wanted to stay true to its original design. Aside from the 12V lights...

If anyone needs a set of M416 stock lights, I now have two sets - will part with them for cheap!

Still have to wire front amber lights, mount new rear side and back reflectors and new data plates.

Will have the tub line x'd in the Spring.

Last edited:

Kflash

Adventurer
The new rear c shackles and front grease bolts arrived today.

If you think your 50 year old shackles are still in good shape, they aren't!

Once muscling them out, the old grease was totally dry. I wasn't getting much flex out of the suspension at all. Now with the new, it is nice and bouncy!!

Happy trailer.

Kflash

Adventurer
Mounted rear receive hitch today. Same install as my first M416. Ordered a curt receiver spare tire carrier. Painted an old M416 rim and ordered a new tire and tube. Ready for camping season!

Not quite the same pulling the trailer with the Tundra. Makes me miss the JK!

2t2-crash

Observer
I see I am probably two years late... But do you still have the brake blinker lights in a box buried in the garage somewhere? :sombrero:

I like the color you chose by the way. The trailer looks good!

Kflash

Adventurer
Just bought a curt receiver style spare tire carrier. Now will have a spare in the back of the trailer.

Kflash

Adventurer
This was the set up from my first trailer. I am waiting on the tire from Army Jeep Surplus in PA.
Iphone Photos Aug 2012 1306.jpgIphone Photos Aug 2012 1301.jpg

2t2-crash

Observer
Nice! I'm trying to figure out what to do for a spare tire carrier. I've seen a couple of cool under the chassis setups.

Kflash

Adventurer
It is up for sale $2500 firm!

Guys and Girls. Selling the 1966 M416 that has been garage kept since I did the frame off resto. It now has the Harbor Freight tongue box on the front. Finally getting my CJ7 near restored and will need the space in the garage. I really hate to sell it, so have to be firm on the price. Have already had an offer at $2000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste