2m drawer slides

motas

Adventurer
Hey hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Need to buy/make some slides to hold a bed that extends out the rear of a camper. They need to be a minimum of 2m outreach and support two people, bed, floor of bed and roof over it. Not sure on weights yet still in the design stage but it will depend a lot on the slides. Would prefer them to mount to the side but can mount underneath. Cheaper is obviously better, do have access to laser cutting and cnc machining so can have something made.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

motas

Adventurer
Thanks for the suggestions. By my calculations cam follower bearings will work with 75x25x2 box tube mounted to the bed as rails and the right size bearings which looking at the data sheet exceed the maximum force on them.
Rollon products look nice but their website doesnt work properly on a phone so will have to have a better look later. Looks like it will be very very expensive though in comparison.
Cheers.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
RV salvage yard for huge sliders but 2 meters is a long way. I'm thinking square tubing inside of square tubing. Fab one roller on bottom end of large tube for the small tube to rest on. Plan on it sliding with a little help from you and having a ground support on the outside like a roll up trailer wheel. Mount what you can with rubber or old motor mount to prevent bind and drill the big tube for spray lube.

motas

Adventurer
I can buy teloscoping tubing that fits perfectly inside the other but it is going to be relatively high up so I'm not sure how easy it will be too extend out or pull back in. At least steel is fairly cheap I may have to do some testing with it.
Also I don't think there are any RV wreckers in Australia really they aren't as popular here.
Cheerd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94