I got a new Surly Krampus

LongbowMick

I've had it for about a month, I haven't gotten to ride it as much as I'd like, but I really like it. Most rides have been in the forest behind the house on two tracks and some single.

I plan to get started in bikepacking, most trips will include my wife.
Been reading a lot here and blogs.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Gooseberry

Explorer
I really like my Krampus and ride the loop every week plus some other local trails. I do have a nice Salsa Spearfish that I can choose from but the Krampus just seems to be my go to ride. I like that I get a better workout then on the spearfish and the maintenance is easier. Only thing to make it better would to have it in TI and that might be doable with a friend.

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
I'm kind of torn between the Krampus and the ECR... I'm looking forward to an opportunity to demo a few fatbikes and find the right one for me. Post of some pics of this bike in action!

martini.ss

I've had my Krampus for well over a year. I love everything about it. Well. except for its weight. But it IS a Surly. I've done a White Rim trip with it. I've done SSUSA with it in Copper Harbor MI and lots and lots of local riding in the Mpls area. Its current set up is a trailer towing trail building machine. IMAG0882[1].jpgIMAG0896[1].jpgIMAG1744[1].jpg

LongbowMick

If I want to leave the bike on the trail and then go off trail and camp with the gear from the bike. My pack would need to accomadate that, I was thinking of a pack with the molle webbing and just strapping it all on. I know that I don't want much weight on my back when I actually ride.

Also, my dog usually goes with us on rides and runs, but after 6 miles or so at bike speeds she's ready for a rest, so I was thinking of a single wheeled trailer she could get on and off of. She's 28# healer/ mini Aussie Shepherd.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne