Water tanks for outside of camper

Umtaneum

Adventurer
I am looking at ordering a new Four Wheel camper. They only come with a 20 gallon water tank, I know from experience that we can go through a 28 gallon tank in my current camper in nothing flat. Part of what I am trying to accomplish with this new rig is longer away from shore power, hookups, fuel stations, and in this instance sources of potable water. Does anyone know of a ready-made water tank that will fit in those "dead spaces" outside of a slide-in camper, ahead of the wheel wells?

My local sheet metal shop can make me an aluminum one, but I figure I can't be the first guy looking to fill that space up with more water. Somebody probably has one on the shelf somewhere.

doug720

Expedition Leader
Aluminum is not the best or first choice in water tanks, most tanks are SS or plastic.

Google roto-molded plastic tanks or look at RonCo in So Cal. They are popular with the yachty crowd and make a ton of odd shapes.

Umtaneum

Adventurer
I've used the flexible bladders on a sailboat, I thought that they might be a little vulnerable to slamming back and forth and chafing in those bed-side areas.

MadMedic

Technical Responce Medic
Why not a mixture of the both. A metal frame with a inner water bladder that can be removed for easy cleaning and servicing.

Sent using Tapatalk

Umtaneum

Adventurer
Thanks, Joaquin. I ended up ordering a Phoenix camper, and they are putting in a 40 gallon tank. I am planning on keeping it half full unless we decide to head out for really extended trips. I went to the RonCo site and I will probably order a tank from them for one side as a backup. Heavy duty ratchet straps should secure it OK.
Dave, I lived for three years on a sailboat with a 22 gallon water tank. My ex and I would generally use that up in four days out cruising. I could be conservative and make it stretch for a week for two people if I had to, but that isn't what I call fun. There is a lot of me to wash...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94