anyone have Yokohama geolandar ats on a small vehicle?

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Hello, I've read many review on the tire but don't really know how tough they may be and if the good outweighs the bad.

I'm looking forward to installing 215/60/16 geolandar ats on my 04 Toyota matrix xr 4wd. The car wears 205/55/16 stock and I'm running a 205/60/16 blizzak ws70 during snowy months. I believe the tires will physically fit no problem.

I'm wondering if its worth it. I drive a lot of gravel road and unmaintained road so if the strength of the sidewall and tread will be that much better, I'll go with them. I'm also planning a couple trips in late fall where snow may be possible and don't want to risk getting caught with bologna skins street tires.

Thanks for your input.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I love mine on my wrx. they have preformed well in light mud, snow, sand (beach), rain etc. Have surpassed my expectations many times. Highly recommended.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Not exactly a small vehicle, but I have a set on my Astro. Like 'em just fine. I think in that size you're fine, but bear in mind they make both P-metric and LT versions of the carcass, depending on the size...

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I had them on my Suzuki SX4 AWD before my General Grabber AT2's. They were extremely quiet, gripped surprisingly well on dry and wet pavement and could handle light off roading no problem. They were also pretty darn decent in the winter. Only place they really let me down was in mud (just not aggressive enough, turn into slicks pretty quickly), and in really deep snow (same problem as mud).

My grabbers are a little bit worse in every single way than the geo's except for when it really counts off road. The geo's will be absolutely perfect for your matrix.

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Thank you guys for your input. Tires are in transit, 3 should arrive tomorrow and the last is coming in from AZ next week. Came up to $511 shipped to my place in MN so I'm happy with that.

keane

Observer
Looking forward to pics of those tires on your matrix. I have a 04 vibe that likes to spend its weekends on the dirt roads camping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke