Chevy Reaper by Lingenfelter

haven

Expedition Leader
Lingenfelter, a noted customizer of GM hardware, is selling a suspension and engine upgrade package for Chevrolet Silverado 1500. They call it the Reaper. The goal is to match, if not exceed the performance of the Ford Raptor. To meet that goal, Lingenfelter supercharges the pickup's V8, and swaps in forged lower front suspension arms equipped with Fox long travel shocks.

Motor Trend drove a sample vehicle, and found the claims to be true. The Reaper package gives Chevrolet fans a truck that can hang with the Raptor in high speed off-road use.
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/1409_2014_chevrolet_silverado_reaper_first_drive/

Missing from the Reaper package are the locking differentials that give the Raptor improved low speed rock crawling and mud bogging ability, but those can be ordered separately.

The good news is that the Raptor suspension pieces can be installed on any Silverado 1500 model. So if you want to upgrade a standard cab long bed model, you can. The Raptor package can be ordered through a dealer, so financing the upgrade can be part of the purchase of the truck.

More information here
http://reaperperformanceusa.com/

155mm

Adventurer
The integrated lights in the bumper look cool, but for 70 grand? That's like 20 grand more than a Raptor :Wow1:

Clutch

<---Pass
You're better off giving Chris Mazzulla a call...their kits are a hell of a lot cleaner, than that...err...I don't even know what to call it...were they drunk when the designed that!?

Fiberwerx are making fenders/bedsides for the 14-15 Silvys

1779037_10152137154543337_8517574187683083523_n.jpg

10253818_10152137154548337_5944442628910165552_n.jpg

Last edited:

plumber mike

Adventurer
I'll take the one clutch posted.

The lingenFELLter looks like.....well.....just not as good. How was that for polite?

Big50

Adventurer
Some might think I'm biased, but the Reaper is ugly haha. The Mazzulla truck is bad azz. Not sure why anyone would buy a Reaper when they could just slap a blower and some Fox shocks themselves. They'd have a better looking truck and save at least 10 grand.

Also, not sure how this compete's with the Raptor. It's an aftermarket package. A real Apples to Apples would be to compare the the Reaper vs the Shelby or Roush Raptors.

In the end, I do think this is good as it means the manufacturers are recognizing the demand for more capable offroad trucks which hopefully means more/better options for us.

Treybiz

Observer
Wow that is terrible.. If I was going to spend 70k on a chevy truck it would just be a nice stock one and then as was mentioned earlier... Give Chris Mazzulla a call.

NODNARB

Observer
Hideous. Looks like the design work was done by people that aren't in touch with what the styles are these days.

98dango

Expedition Leader
There is one in billings Montana. I will get pictures next time I see it. There uglier in person if you can figure that. The owner was not all that happy with it either from what he was saying in the Arby's parking lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior