2014 Granite Rubicon Unlimited JK350 Expedition Build

west_ok

Adventurer
Well my Jeep made it to AEV and hopefully will be back in about a month. Here's the plan for my build.

2014 Granite Crystal JKUR
- Black Leather heated seats
- 730N Navigation unit
- Automatic transmission
- Connectivity group
- Automatic Temperature Control

AEV 5.7 VVT Hemi conversion

AEV JK350 package and options
- AEV Premium Front Bumper
- Front Skid Plate
- Warn 9.5cti-s (Warn Synthetic Winch Line) w/ AEV Winch Mount
- IPF 901 Off Road Lights
- Heat Reduction Hood
- Rear Bumper
- Water Pump Kit
- Tire Carrier w/ CHMSL (3rd Brake Light)
- Backup Camera
- AEV Badging
- AEV Instrument Cluster
- AEV Logo Headrests
- AEV Serialized Build Plaque
- Floor Liners
- Savegre – Argent
- 3.5-in DualSport SC Suspension*
- w/ 35-in BFGoodrich Mud Terrain Tire

Later plans
- Mopar 7-Pin wiring kit for JK
- AEV 10 gallon fuel caddy
- AEV Hi-Lift / Pull Pal Mount
- AEV JK Corner Guards
- Hi-Lift 48" X-Treme Jack w/ keeper
- sPod
- AEV JK Snorkel Kit
- SoCal Teardrops Fridge/Stove Combo slide W/Partner Stove
- Socal Teardrops Drawer
- AT Tailgate Trail Table

Undecided options
- Genesis Offroad Dual Battery Kit
- Sure-Flo water pump tied into AEV rear bumper
- Roof Rack - AEV/Rhino Rack Backbone????

Attachments

• BJ  Bayless 001.JPG
    BJ Bayless 001.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,465
Last edited:

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Not trolling here at all so please keep that in mind. I love following the Jeep builds since people make them so unique. What is the drive to send a relatively stock vehicle to a company like AEV to fully outfit it? Doesn't that take the fun out of the build? Or do you research the packages and then pick one? Does it just come down to lack of time?... or because you want the Pros to put together their own package that is known to work well together? (Instead of say adding things from different manufacturers) Like I said before Im not trolling and don't think Im dissing their build-up of your Jeep. I will be in a JKUR for my next vehicle and was just wondering the reasoning for sending everything to a shop. Cheers!

west_ok

Adventurer
No worries, I figured I'd get this question. For me mostly it just comes down to time. Work and family keep me pretty busy and I was just willing to spend a little extra money having someone else put the lift, rims, tires and bumpers on granted I could have probably got it done cheaper at my local 4x4 shop but I chose to go with AEV due to their warranty and I know I may get torched for this but the badging and other extras you get from AEV are pretty cool. I understand that's not for everyone and I can appreciate that. These were all components I would have used either way with the exception of the tires and possibly rims. Good luck with yours as well.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
No worries, I figured I'd get this question. For me mostly it just comes down to time. Work and family keep me pretty busy and I was just willing to spend a little extra money having someone else put the lift, rims, tires and bumpers on granted I could have probably got it done cheaper at my local 4x4 shop but I chose to go with AEV due to their warranty and I know I may get torched for this but the badging and other extras you get from AEV are pretty cool. I understand that's not for everyone and I can appreciate that. These were all components I would have used either way with the exception of the tires and possibly rims. Good luck with yours as well.

Ok I get that! I think they are one heck of a company... Looking forward to seeing this in a month!

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
Oh wow that is a lot of money. Is it cheaper to do this or to purchase a Wrangler that was already outfitted with the AEV stuff from a dealer?

west_ok

Adventurer
Oh wow that is a lot of money. Is it cheaper to do this or to purchase a Wrangler that was already outfitted with the AEV stuff from a dealer?

I didn't think it was going to be at first, but after looking around you'd be money ahead to find one outfitted how you want, albeit not a lot cheaper. The dealers are pretty proud of them also. I just missed out on all the ones I wanted and the Granite Crystal's were getting hard to find. I should have had a little more patience or settled for a different color.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Looking forward to seeing how this comes out. :beer:

Personally I think you are smart to get exactly what is wanted, instead of compromising.
I've never kept a vehicle very long, when I've compromised on it.

west_ok

Adventurer
Looking forward to seeing how this comes out. :beer:

Personally I think you are smart to get exactly what is wanted, instead of compromising.
I've never kept a vehicle very long, when I've compromised on it.

Thanks Comanche Scott, agreed if you're gonna spend the money it needs to be just how you want it. Enjoyed checking out your build.

Jake79

Very impressive specs. Love the color. One thing I never see on these AEV builds is driveshaft or front axle strengthening mods. I would be curious to know AEV's standpoint on this. Leads me to think that they are not as mandatory as the internet would have you believe. Do you have a thread on your other jeep?

west_ok

Adventurer
They "being AEV" require a driveshaft upgrade for the 07-11's but not after the 11's apparently something changed when Jeep put the Pentastar in. And the only options they offer for axles are ProRock 44 front and ProRock 60 rear and differential gear upgrade. I don't have a build thread for the other Jeep but I'll include some pics. I did upgrade the front driveshaft on it.

west_ok

Adventurer
It's antifreeze, I had to move the overflow tank. I had just installed the snorkel it leaked out when I took the hose off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz