Big Suburban for a Big Texan

oduibne

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the console. I'm redoing my 1989 GMC Suburban, need some ideas for it. Also, if anyone has any ideas on locker type set up that a bed will fit on top of in the back area of suburban.

Jeff from Oregon

mike the welder

Adventurer
I got my call sign in December, but it was long and a real tongue twister so i decided to get a vanity call sign. It took about 4 weeks, I guess because of the holidays. There are so many restrictions on format I don't know how Vain they are. I chose N5MHQ. I could only chose N,Y,W for the first letter and the 5 is for the Texas region(although you can chose any region) and the "MHQ" is for "Mikes Head Quarters". Rolls of the tongue a little better and easy for me to remember. If you want a vanity call sign I think it was $21 for 10 years.

mike the welder

Adventurer
Nope no console yet except for the mock up I did. I have all the stuff I need to build it just been busy doing all the stuff I needed to do before the console goes in. Pulled all the interior and sound proofed the whole floor, put in new carpet kit and reinstalled the interior. It was worth it, I'm gonna have to get loud pipes so I can hear it run. Then I found out I had to take an extra class over the holidays(wintermester) if I want to graduate in the spring. BTW Speech Communications Sucks! Did manage to get my Ham Technician license before my class started. This class ends on Sunday then I have about 2 weeks till the spring semester starts so I may start the console then. Had some free time tonight so I cut some Ham stickers for the Suburban.

N5MHQ sticker.jpg

mike the welder

Adventurer
I'm on a roll now, Just passed my General Class test this morning. Then I took the Extra class test and that's where my roll ended. True, I didn't study for the Extra but I might as well have been using a "Magic Eight Ball" to take the test. 50 questions and I only got a little more than half right(actually 1 more than half). On the bright side I only missed 1 out of 35 questions on the General test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94