2m repeater in Asheville, NC?

swduncan

Observer
I know there's at least one (145.19), but is there one that is especially capable for that area that I should have programmed for Overland Expo?

I know the expo materials mention 146.46, but with HTs I'm not sure how well simplex will cover.

CrewServed

"That" guy
Go to repeaterbook.com and look there. If you have an iOS device, there's a repeaterbook app that will return with a repeater list based on your location.

National simplex is 146.52, btw.

Capt. Tyler

SW- You on DSTAR?

I am planning on heading up for the weekend and will monitor 145.19 & 146.46 / DSTAR - REF1c & REF30c. Call Sign is KK4WTF

Finlay

Triarius
Go to repeaterbook.com and look there. If you have an iOS device, there's a repeaterbook app that will return with a repeater list based on your location.

Worth pointing out that this is true for Android as well. Very handy program.

swduncan

Observer
I find that the problem with repeaterbook is that you have no idea if a given repeater is active or not, or how much coverage it has. The big, active repeaters here in Milwaukee don't look any different than the rest.

Capt. Tyler

I call it an EmComm / Emergency Communications box. Don't really think the sky is going to fall but I built it mainly as a exercise in know how. Consist of an FT-8800 yaesu mounted in a pelican box with a battery and a solar charger. For an antenna I'm using a slim jim J-pole. In theory… If a hurricane or something hit here I would be able to set up completely independent of the grid and communicate.

Its also fun to set up on a tailgate when truck camping !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior