Croak's UZJ100 Build

e34croak

Hello,
My name is Dan.
After a LONG search over the past year, I finally purchased the Land Cruiser I've been holding out for. It's a 2004 with 150,6xx miles. I'm the third owner and received all the service history and maintenance records. The Toyota dealership I got it from just installed new Bridgestone tires and did brakes complete front and rear. I will be keeping this thread updated as I build it up.

I will first be doing the timing belt and water pump (if needed) before I'm able to go too crazy on mods. However, I'd like to do a medium duty OME kit (just for more ground clearance). I really dig the Slee rear bumper and ARB front bumper. I had an ARB on my DC Tacoma and loved it. I've wanted one of these for so many years that I will never sell it so I guess it will be sort of an evolution over time. I've still got all my first (meaningful) old BMWs and I'd like to have this thing prepped to handle pretty much any circumstance. I will definitely be handling the MAINTENANCE items first.

Thanks for checking it out!

2d2hzrp.jpg

Benefits to having hourly techs standing around..
fuxruc.jpg

Last edited:

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
I'm currently out of a BMW, unless you include my wife's Mini Cooper S. I have owned an e30, a couple e32's, and my last one was an e90 (The salesman was really confused when I walked in and said I wanted a 328i with a manual and no options. LOL). I would love another e30, they are just getting so hard to find clean.

I think my step-sister gets her e46 serviced at BMW of Eugene. I'll be hanging out with her this weekend, so I will ask her.

You are going to have a blast with the 100! I'm excited to see the progress.

e34croak

I'm currently out of a BMW, unless you include my wife's Mini Cooper S. I have owned an e30, a couple e32's, and my last one was an e90 (The salesman was really confused when I walked in and said I wanted a 328i with a manual and no options. LOL). I would love another e30, they are just getting so hard to find clean.

I think my step-sister gets her e46 serviced at BMW of Eugene. I'll be hanging out with her this weekend, so I will ask her.

You are going to have a blast with the 100! I'm excited to see the progress.
Very nice! I'm excited as well. I realized yesterday I've been receiving your Cascade Cruiser emails for quite a while. A customer of ours, Marc Setchko is a member and signed me up back when I first started searching.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Small world! Well that saves me trying to get you on our forum. LOL. Feel free to start a thread on CC as well. There is a few of us 100 owners.

fireball

Explorer
Looks like you got a nice one!

Be sure to check out the Bump It Off Road (BIOR) rear bumper. It has a few features I really like over the Slee rear, and Mike at BIOR is a great guy to work with and will customize it to your tastes.

e34croak

We took the LC on a road trip to Seattle this weekend to break it in. Averaged about 16mpg (included quite a bit of city driving). Not bad but not great.

Last edited:

e34croak

Thank you fireball, I've looked at BIOR as well. I'd like to get the suspension handled over the next couple of months and then purchase bumpers. A friend of mine owns a company called slagfactory and will be doing sliders for me. I'm so anxious for this whole build it's hard to sleep at night lol

e34croak

Minor update: I tinted my two front windows Monday evening to match the rear factory window tint. I don't want people looking at my ugly mug.
1zgroex.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz