Eastern Sierras: Sand Canyon, Mammoth, Minarets

MattL

Adventurer
A few of us went out for a week long trip from San Diego to the Eastern Sierras the end of August. We visited a few areas including Sand Canyon, Obsidian Dome, San Joaquin Ridge (a usual favorite) and a full day hike out to Minaret Lake. Without information from members here I would never have experienced many of these really awesome places, so thank you!

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Stunning alpine scenery with a fun looking/scenic 4x4 trail to get to the hiking trailhead. Beautiful. Thanks.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Awesome photos!

Was all your research done on this site or did you use any maps, etc? I've been wanting to go explore the mammoth area and all the lakes for such a long time and would love to do so!

MattL

Adventurer
Thanks! Most of the research was done on this forum, asking members and searching around. I also recently came across this resource. Another way is just opening up Google maps and looking for roads that lead into the mountains.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Thanks! Most of the research was done on this forum, asking members and searching around. I also recently came across this resource. Another way is just opening up Google maps and looking for roads that lead into the mountains.

Funny you say that....I'm supposed to be working but instead I'm google mapping the area haha. Thanks for the link that looks pretty sweet.

pmatusov

AK6PM
Matt, thanks for the photos and for the link - it is a great resource!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz