New Cooper All Terrain ATW

Bikemobile

Adventurer
t_20121128.copsp5.ang.jpg

Those ATW's look good. I've been running the Cooper Weather-master WSC. They were great last winter. Just put them back on for this winter. No snow yet. I'll probably just leave them on and see how long they last.

gregnash

Definitely post up some more pics once you get them mount on the LC. Interested to see what they look like as I have a feeling the Falken WildPeak/Rocky will not last very long and since the dealer put those on for free when we purchased the truck we are probably SOL if they dont last the 50K.

sobiloff

In hopeful anticipation of the super el niño I ordered a set of these to replace the worn-out Michelin LTX A/T 2's that came on my F250. I'm a ski bum in the winter and want to be able to make it to the slopes to enjoy the fresh powder when it falls. No one seems to stock them around here (Reno, NV), and I got all sorts of run-around from folks in the big chain stores who'd rather sell me something they had in stock--or charge me $50/tire to ship them from a Salt Lake City warehouse. :Wow1:

Leave it to the local tire chain (Reno Vulcanizing) to be knowledgeable, no-hassle, and able to have them delivered tomorrow for no additional cost. They don't offer the "free" warranties like the big chains, but their prices were lower, too. I'll probably wait a month or two before putting them on, but I'll be comfortable in the knowledge that there's a set of great tires in the garage whenever I'm ready.

If these do as well in the hot summer temperatures as Cooper claims, they would be an ideal year-round tire for this region (Reno/Tahoe).

Think snow!

snowaddict91

Adventurer
In hopeful anticipation of the super el niño I ordered a set of these to replace the worn-out Michelin LTX A/T 2's that came on my F250. I'm a ski bum in the winter and want to be able to make it to the slopes to enjoy the fresh powder when it falls. No one seems to stock them around here (Reno, NV), and I got all sorts of run-around from folks in the big chain stores who'd rather sell me something they had in stock--or charge me $50/tire to ship them from a Salt Lake City warehouse. :Wow1:

Leave it to the local tire chain (Reno Vulcanizing) to be knowledgeable, no-hassle, and able to have them delivered tomorrow for no additional cost. They don't offer the "free" warranties like the big chains, but their prices were lower, too. I'll probably wait a month or two before putting them on, but I'll be comfortable in the knowledge that there's a set of great tires in the garage whenever I'm ready.

If these do as well in the hot summer temperatures as Cooper claims, they would be an ideal year-round tire for this region (Reno/Tahoe).

Think snow!

Will be interested to hear how you like them. I am also a ski bum with an F250, but I am running AT3s. If these had been out when I got tires for my truck I may be running them right now.

sobiloff

Will be interested to hear how you like them. I am also a ski bum with an F250, but I am running AT3s. If these had been out when I got tires for my truck I may be running them right now.

Heh, based on the Journal's review I was going to get the A/T3's, too, but then I saw the A/TW's and those seemed more aligned to my needs. And then BFGoodrich came out with the KO2's, also with the "three peak mountain snowflake," so I was considering those in case I couldn't get the AT/W's, but they lack the siping of the A/TW's.

I'm hoping maybe bjowett will chime in with how his set of A/TW's has been doing?

bjowett

Adventurer
An update per request... these are an excellent all around tire IME. They are one of the best winter tires I've had the pleasure to drive on... Why do I say this? They not only work good in all the different temperatures and snow conditions... but also on wet pavement... which is a huge part of winter driving. That is where dedicated snow and ice tires have always left me sour, p*ss poor wet grip. Ice traction is good, but not Blizzak or fresh studs good. Read the AT3 review and add extra snow performance. :D

Fargo

Adventurer
How is the noise level?

I'm looking at these for my 2011 Pathfinder? They look a little more aggresive than the AT3 so I have some concerns. Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a great tire.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
How is the noise level?

I'm looking at these for my 2011 Pathfinder? They look a little more aggresive than the AT3 so I have some concerns. Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a great tire.

I am curious of this too - my ST's are starting to drone as they wear -

Climberclimb

Observer
Hi all,
I have been running the ATW's on my Tacoma for a couple of weeks now. Overall I like them. Fuel economy has dropped but that is also due to the winter blend fuel. (Canada eh!) Overall; noise level not an issue, snow and rain good, gravel roads good, but limited use in each of these conditions. I am running 245/75/16 and they cost me about $142 per tire. I am going to find the deep snow tomorrow hopefully, will post some follow up comments then.
Cheers

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I'm so happy that I cannot find deep snow YET. I looked at the ATW. awesome tire. I have a set of cooper discoverer M+S that we took off the avalanche last spring. there were about 250 kms on them. I am using those for the winter until they wear. Then I think I'm going to the ATW in my size.

Climberclimb

Observer
Its been raining in town alot!! Our local ski hill opened on Friday. I think only ski hill in BC to open this early. I don't have to go far to find the deep stuff. Will be heading out in a couple of hours to give the tires a good test on a familiar road. Will post how I like them later. Cheers

Climberclimb

Observer
Lol. Snow is on its way!!! Well I just returned from playing in the snow. We went from 650 m to 1300 m elevation. We hit some big puddles, no hydroplaning like the old Dunlops. Transitioned into slush then finally upwards of three to four inches of fresh pow. Normally I would have turned around but today I wanted to push the tires. So up we went - first in two wheel drive. No problems. Traction control came on a couple of times, but it felt good. Turned around and drove down to test the braking, again no issues. So, up we went onto a favorite FSR. These tires performed beyond my expectations for the conditions. We pushed the truck and again probably did not need four wheel drive engaged. I have been on this road alot! Before the Taco I had a Honda Ridgeline. That was an awesome truck, but it lacked the low range four wheel drive option. In these conditions I would not have gone where I went today. That was with a dedicated winter tire from Cooper. Here are a couple of shots: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg. Obviously just playing in a little bit of snow. I do know the road and have travelled it in various vehicles in varying conditions, so far I am very pleased with this tire. Cheers

Ooops. Dreaded picture insert issues!!!!! I will fix asap.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke