Kodiak or OzTent?

h2os2

Adventurer
Great info here on both tents, thanks for making a thread. :) We have been looking at both tents too.

Tony70

Expedition noob
I bought an OzTent earlier this year and have used it once. Overall I am very happy with it. It rained the first night I was in it and stayed dry inside. One thing I am not used to is the fact that you pretty much have to stake it down to get the floor to stay flat, it tends to curve up front and rear.

The vestibule area in the front is nice, I had no issues keeping my boots out there, they were dry in the morning. Interior ventilation seems great.

I don't like that the window flaps can only be opened/closed from outside of the tent. Materials seem a little thin but time will tell on durability. Pack size is pretty flat but occupies a lot of space as its a 36" diameter circle. Could be a little taller inside (but I am 6'3 so I like a taller tent than many). I always pitch all tents on top of a tarp and given that the floor of the OzTent is a little thin, I will continue doing so with this tent.

I also have a Eureka Assault Outfitter tent - I will keep it for severe weather and trips when I take my dog, for a little more interior room. My dog has done a little damage to the Eureka and I'd like to limit his "influence" to one tent.

gearguywb

Explorer
Looked at several of the Kodiak's on different web sites. Like the size and packing of the 10x10. Any feedback on them?

keyaroxy

OzTent RV2

Well I made my decision and thank you to everyone who gave information and personally emailed.
Knowing it would almost always be my son and I - I picked the OZTent RV2. The transport size "shape" is no issue in my truck bed and the tent size w/ awning is perfect. Also ordered the ground sheet (goes all the way to the awning) and the OzTent Rivergum pad. Will let you know how it goes - happy trails.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
I hope you and your son have many forever memories from your trips. Take lots of pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFA

Adventurer
Any coupon codes floating around for Kodiak?

I've noticed them in the bargain cave section at cabelas.com in the past for as much as 10% off. Usually in the fall too so I would check every so often if your not in a huge hurry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles