First Camping Trip with Wife and Kid... Not so good...

dustboy

Explorer
Our last camping trip really set us back on our motivation for adventure...found a backcountry spot with a fabulous view, but the locals made it clear they didn't like us hanging around in their backyard (almost 2m acres of USFS land). That made the atmosphere a little edgy, then the second night my wife and I both got hit with the stomach flu right after dinner. Fortunately our two small kids slept right through our hourly trips outside to purge. We did a quick and dirty pack up the next morning and drove home with queasy bellies and very little sleep.

I swore off of air mattresses years ago after about the 5th night of waking up on the hard ground. Maybe my fault for buying cheap mattresses but even my trusty therm-a-rest got a hole on a backpacking trip.

rcintx

Adventurer
Loooong delay from me here guys, but I just ordered the Exped. My son and I are going to try it out as soon as it gets here. I will report back.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
we use a paco pad on top of a roll a cot in our oztent. Paco pads on the ground are still good.

We are gong to add another rv 4 next and connect them together so kids can be in thier own space at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles