Allterrain camper

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Ya I have to do that also mine I have to take of corner pieces and top it's going to suck . Put it will be nice when done . They have some nice colors to choose from good luck

liker777

I was completely dissatisfied with how ATC treats it's customers. I bought a used camper from the auction, and customer service was very disrespectful for me. I understand that I didn't pay a penny to ATC per se. However does I mean that the customer should be left without support?

Initially, ATC answered my questions (some of them incorrectly). When I emailed them then, they just stopped responding. When I called, in a very rude tone their answers were like "yes", "no" etc. E. g. literally : "What do you need?!" For me not responding to email is the same if at the street I ask a question in person and the respondent just turns his back and goes away. Especially if it is business-customer relationship. I said, I can call back when you are not so busy. ATC responded: "we are always busy!"

By way of comparison, I bought a used Toyota. I have never paid money directly to the Toyota factory or even dealer. Despite that, Toyota resolved absolutely all of my questions when I contacted their headquarters. So now I recommend this car make to anybody I know.

For the quality of the camper, they should improve their manual because it becomes a real safety issue. They literally say: "you can place on the roof anything you want". Well, previous owner put 3 solar panels on the roof and it was very difficult for me to lift it up.

Their manual is just 6 PDF couple-page files, with no pictures, nothing. FWC has a 100 page manual. I used FWC manual to setup the camper, I called FWC and they helped me a lot. Later I visited FWC factory and they told me that founder of ATC long time ago worked for FWC. Then he just copied and pasted their technology. That's why FWC are constantly improving their technology while ATC just keep producing the same. Of course, copying is much easier than inventing new.

I wouldn't trust to positive customer reviews about these campers. Most of them are at "wanderthewest" website forum, and ATC placed a link to reviews at this forum at their own website. However, this forum blocks negative customer reviews about ATC (which was my case).

quickfarms

Adventurer
I was completely dissatisfied with how ATC treats it's customers. I bought a used camper from the auction, and customer service was very disrespectful for me. I understand that I didn't pay a penny to ATC per se. However does I mean that the customer should be left without support?

Initially, ATC answered my questions (some of them incorrectly). When I emailed them then, they just stopped responding. When I called, in a very rude tone their answers were like "yes", "no" etc. E. g. literally : "What do you need?!" For me not responding to email is the same if at the street I ask a question in person and the respondent just turns his back and goes away. Especially if it is business-customer relationship. I said, I can call back when you are not so busy. ATC responded: "we are always busy!"

By way of comparison, I bought a used Toyota. I have never paid money directly to the Toyota factory or even dealer. Despite that, Toyota resolved absolutely all of my questions when I contacted their headquarters. So now I recommend this car make to anybody I know.

For the quality of the camper, they should improve their manual because it becomes a real safety issue. They literally say: "you can place on the roof anything you want". Well, previous owner put 3 solar panels on the roof and it was very difficult for me to lift it up.

Their manual is just 6 PDF couple-page files, with no pictures, nothing. FWC has a 100 page manual. I used FWC manual to setup the camper, I called FWC and they helped me a lot. Later I visited FWC factory and they told me that founder of ATC long time ago worked for FWC. Then he just copied and pasted their technology. That's why FWC are constantly improving their technology while ATC just keep producing the same. Of course, copying is much easier than inventing new.

I wouldn't trust to positive customer reviews about these campers. Most of them are at "wanderthewest" website forum, and ATC placed a link to reviews at this forum at their own website. However, this forum blocks negative customer reviews about ATC (which was my case).

If you visited the FWC factory you should have also visited ATC.

In my experience FWC wants to build there models and is not interested in custom designs.

ATC will do custom work and I have had many conversations with them and visited them twice if my memory is correct.

ATC is a small shop and they do not sit in front of the computer all day.

I think your email expectations are unrealistic in this day and age of large quantities of emails and all the junk. It is very easy for a email to get lost.

It is also unrealistic to compare a small company like ATC to Toyota. At ATC they have a small number of employees. At Toyota they have over 350,000 employees

alex_the_axe

Just before Covid took off I had ATC replace the side liner, lift panels, and re-skin and add "yakima tracks" to the roof of my 1999 FWC Granby early this year.
I'd say that yes they aren't communication heavy or into small talk, but they did a good job at a good price, and in a timely manner.

crystalclear

Observer
i recently went up and had my older fwc re-canvased/new roof/new lift panels/etc...

the entire crew up there is top notch imo - they’ve definitely been around the block, and are the opposite of many of the current social media minded companies

after spending an entire (welllllllll past normal business hours) day up there, chatting almost the entire time - jeff,marty and the whole crew are the only people id do business with if i were to buy a new poptop in this style

craig333

Expedition Leader
I've camped with Marty a couple of times. Had ATC do a few upgrades on my FWC. Great people but what do I know. I'm one of those WTW people!

Deur

Do I think the ATC guys are the best/fastest communicators - not really. At the same time, if you take the time to talk to them, you get what you want and more. But yes, I had to put in some effort from my side, and yes, they can be a bit gruff, not that much different from most small business where the owners are actually working on the shop floor and the main focus is the product they deliver.

Based on my research two or three years ago, I never got the feeling that FWC campers are that much different from ATC campers. Fact that the FWC manual can be used for an ATC camper seems to confirm that. FWC had "innovated" different colours at the time. Most of the changes to the camper seem to be related to different/newer accessories, and based on my experience ATC is willing to work with the stuff you want (you may have to buy it yourself and ship it to them, but they can include it). Big difference to me was that ATC is willing to make changes to their basic design based on what you want (and will actually come up with suggestions for improvements). For me, at 6"9", being able to get a higher camper and a longer bed was essential. ATC was willing/able to do that. Based on my research I already knew FWC wouldn't, so I didn't bother following up with them when they didn't respond to the message I sent about a factory visit.

I was curious about the FWC manual - as I couldn't imagine how you can get to a 100 page manual for a FWC/ATC camper. Looking briefly at the version FWC has on their website I think I prefer the personal coaching/walk-around from the ATC guys when the camper was put on my truck. At the same time, I had done a lot of pre-investigating/reading/web-surfing (WTW!) before buying the camper, so probably had read about relevant things already. It also makes a difference that I am not the kind of person that needs/wants a full page describing how to use the key to open the door, and that I got a shell, making all the pages on the accessoires irrelevant.

If you still have questions, pretty sure people here (or on WTW) are willing to help you with any questions you still have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94