Air Bag Warning Indicator

GORM

Adventurer
The air bag warning light is on when the car is running. This originated after my battery died and I was getting multiple faults which I nicknamed warning light mayhem. I was fairly certain the battery was bad. I subsequently had this confirmed, tested and replaced. All of the other warning lights and issues ceased, but the air bag warning sensor would not extinguish. I am noting that when the key gets turned on, the warning light will unlight and relight a few seconds later.

I have tried a hard reset. Specifically, opened the bonnet and waited until interior lights and NAV were off. Then I pulled positive and negative leads and left truck for 5 minutes. I used my jumper cables to short the leads (not the battery terminals) and yes the same color lead was used to complete the circuit :Wow1:. Did this for about 5 minutes. Attached negative, then positive and restarted. No dice.

Any other thoughts? Did I do the hard reset correctly? I've only had the truck for a month but the air bag never came on until the major electrical failure which kicked off parking break and HDC failures so chances should be low there is something else causing the failure.

Thanks Kent

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Sounds like you did the hard reset correctly.

At this point it's time to pull the codes. You will probably see an open circuit or short circuit fault in one of the bag/pretensioner circuits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier